1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by A girl, May 13, 2018.

1. A girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I made a thread a few minutes ago where I wrote about me questioning my sexuality. I belive people are so much more than sexualities, so here are a few "facts" abour me that has nothing to do with that I am questioning:

-I love writing in my diary and listening to music
    -My favourite artists are David Bowie, The Beatles, Queen and Genesis, but I like alot of other artists from the 60/70/80s too. (Old fashioned. I know...)
    -My favourite subject at school is photography and history
    -I have never had a boyfriend or a girlfriend
    -I have played the guitar for seven years, and know three or four chords on piano
    -My favourite place to be (apart from my bedroom) is at the theatre and the library
    -I am in a local theatre group, and am a musical theatre nerd.
    -As you probably see, English is not my first language

2. AJ Murphy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I read this and I thought I was reading about myself. I think we're secretly the same person

3. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! Welcome to EC glad to have you. :slight_smile: <3

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A Girl..... Hello and welcome to empty closets! There are a lot of great people here....I'm sure that you are going to find people to talk to. Take some time and check out the different forums that are here...I think you'll find a place that will feel like "home" to you!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

5. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC

6. JayBird

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi! I like photography too. Do you have any favorite subjects, or do you prefer still life/nature shots?
    -Jay

7. A girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Such a warm welcome! I joined yesterday, and didn't expect any replies at all! I am so happy to have found EC! It means so much to me to know that I am not alone and that there are people out there who are just like me!

Jay: I love photographing people and capturing special moments, but i like still life and nature shots too.

8. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  9. JayBird

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I like capturing moments, especially the intimate moments people share as friends or partners. I'm working as a photography assistant right now, which is a dream job for me, and I'm planning some photography projects for summer. Do you have anything lined up like that?
    -Jay

10. A girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are so lucky to work as a photography assistant! I wish I could do that too!
    I have a subject at my school called "Picture" where we learn photographing. It is so great to be able to be creative in a school situation, where there are (for me) mostly theoretical subjects. I don't have any projects for the summer, but I guess I'll just bring my camera everywhere and take photographs whenever I want to do it. What kinds of photography projects are you planning?

11. JayBird

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm going to take pictures of young LGBT in my community as well as taking senior portraits for my friends. Photography has always been a way for me to express myself, and after figuring out my identity, I want to spread that understanding. That sounds so cool to be able to study photography in school. I can take photography classes nest year, so this year it's all on my free time. What kind of camera do you have?
    -Jay

12. A girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your projects sounds amazing! You should look forward to taking photography lessons next year. It is great! Unfortunatly, I will not be able to do that next year, but I think photography will always remain one of my huge passions anyway. :slight_smile: The camera I am using the most is a Canon 5D MarkII.

13. JayBird

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Nice! I have a Sony, but I'm hoping to get a Canon this summer for my birthday. I'll look at the Canon 5D It's good that you're going to follow your passion post-schooling. Do you hope to further study photography and possibly pursue it as a career?
    -Jay

14. A girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would be great to study photography, but it might be better to leave it as a passion. I'm afraid that some of the passion will disappear if I study photography and make a career of it. Maybe it won't be as fun and inspiring as if it is my hobby...
    I hope you get a camera for your birthday! I am very pleased with mine. I got it for my birthday too, and it was bought from a web-side where they sell used cameras (they are just as good as the new ones!), so it was much cheaper than buying a completely new one.

By the way, I really enjoy writing with you. Thanks for taking the time to write back. :slight_smile:

15. JayBird

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I hope I get the camera too! I understand that viewpoint. I was considering it as a career, along with filmmaking, because of how much I enjoy it. If not photography, what do you want to do as a career?
    Good point on the cheaper used cameras! I'll keep that in mind.

I also like writing to you. And of course I'll write back! I like talking to you. :slight_smile: I've tried to use the private message tool, but it hasn't yet worked. You might have better luck.

-Jay

16. A girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is great that you are considering photography and filmmaking as a career. The world needs more creative people!
    I have very little idea of what I want to do as career, but I have considered being a teacher. I know that it isn't the most interesting job, maby, but I have had so many bad teachers, and kind of feel that I should be a teacher so the future students won't have as bad experiences with stupid teachers that I've had. (If that makes sense.)

As I joined yesterday, I am very new on EC, so I don't know how to send private messages... I guess I'll figure it out after some time. :slight_smile:

17. JayBird

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you're on a computer, there's a little envelope next to your profile in the toolbar. Try using that to send private messages. The format should make sense once you get there
    I totally get why you want to be a teacher. The world needs more people dedicated to spreading knowledge. And the fact that you want to give kids a good experience is lovely. A good teacher can make all the difference in the world. Do you think you would you teach primary or secondary education?
    -Jay

18. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A girl.....I became a teacher for some of the reasons you mentioned....I knew that I could do a better job than some of the teachers that I had. I was a Junior High and High School Band director for 41 years and loved it! My job was interesting and I really liked working with kids. Our kids need good teachers who like their job and like kids. As for private messages...you have to be a Full Member in order to send private messages. I believe that means about 50 or so posts over a reasonable time period....not 5 today and 45 tomorrow! Then there is an application to fill out. Hey...have a great week!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

19. JayBird

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for the info! Looks like we'll just have to wait a bit to send private messages, A girl. :slight_smile:
    Teaching is a noble pursuit, and I applaud both of you for considering/doing it!
    -Jay

20. A girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I guess we'll have to wait to send private messages... Thanks for the information, David.
    I totally agree that good teachers can make all the differennces in the world. I don't know if I want to teach primary or secondary education, I haven't really thought that much about it. I guess I'll figure it out eventually. :slight_smile: