1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over a straight crush

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Riverhawk, May 6, 2018.

1. Riverhawk

Riverhawk Guest

So...
    I have this problem called I fall hard for straight people. I'm currently crushing hard on this friendly, hot, smart guy in my major and I know it's going to hurt (but does that stop me? of course not). I already know he's on straight ###### and has his preference on Facebook set to women, but here we are holding on to hope that maybe there's a chance. He leaves for Mexico soon and I won't see him until January. So my questions for y'all are:

1. Do you experience this problem? If so, what do you do to get over it?
    2. I haven't come out to him yet. Should I? When? How?

2. youknow201

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First off I want to say that I was on this site a few years back pretty much posting the same thing ALOT of us have been in your situation so I know how hard it can be and for what its worth I'm sorry you have to deal with this. But you will get through this just like the rest of us have. Advice wise I'm not sure what to tell you, I sent my straight crush an anonymous email confessing how much I liked him and he replied actually very politely saying he was currently unavailable but thanks for the compliment. Which caused me more issues because he never said he wasn't into guys. So I'm not sure what to tell you brother except guard your heart. If hes a friend then maybe telling him how you feel will help you move on. But please be careful and think this through. Goodluck to you let me know how it goes

3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have this problem only reversed. I fall for gay men who would not be attracted to me. All I can say is unrequited love is horrible and you have only two real options:
    1 You somehow manage to make them fall in love with you. (This very well might not work though you certainly can try.)
    2 You move on and try to forget about them. (This obviously royally sucks.)
    You could also try to be their friend but that isn't easy either. Maybe try to seek out some people you know you have a chance with.

#3 Love4Ever, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you can come out to him if you trust him. But don't expect that just because you do he will become attracted to you or even realize you're attracted to him.