1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do straight girls get so excited having a gay friend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Destin, Apr 24, 2018.

1. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What is a sex toy party? :confused:

2. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    @gravechild its like a Tupperware party where they sell sex toys, dildos and such. They figure a gay boy would have some insight.

3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  4. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am not a straight girl, I'm bi, but I used to identify as straight so I'll chime in because my reasons for liking them as friends are the same. Simply put, I relate to gay men a way I don't with straight ones. I love how gay guys are so open about being themselves, it's contagious! I love how they don't seem to care what other people think. Plus, I have met a lot of straight guys who were jerks but every gay guy I've ever met has been kind and respectful to me, so I am drawn to befriending them. I also will admit something that I am sure will not be popular but it's the truth. I crush and fall HARD for gay men. I love men who are more feminine and there is a greater percentage of gay men who are this way than straight guys. And maybe it's stupid, but I always have entertained the fantasy that maybe I could turn one of them bisexual for me. So yeah, that's the the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

5. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Interesting. For me it has never been that I liked gay men because of them being non "threatening." In fact I have always secretly hoped against hope that one of them would fall for me the way I so often fall for them.

6. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    OMG LOL, why do you girlies always want to convert us?

Honestly you are lucky to have only known nice gay men, I know Ive met so many predatory bull jocks or bitchy bottom queens, that get a big strong bull boyfriend to validate themselves and then look down on the rest of us fems; as if they are so much better since they are a some jock's "girlfriend" ugh.

I want to hang out with you, since you know all of the nice gay guys.

7. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol. I guess I am really lucky then. I will say that some of these guys I know are my relatives or the partners of my relatives. But I know some that aren't either of those that are also really kind.

8. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, on the outside looking in, gay men can seem sweet; but from our perspective, it can be a real cat fight. Ive been told that my local gay community is toxic. Some areas are better than others. My advice is to take full advantage of your local gay scene, if its friendly.

#28 Jackie Ray, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
  9. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Surely it depends on those that you meet? I guess that there is a lot of competition within the gay community which can cause friction.

10. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It definitely does. I will say that the vast majority of gay men I have known have been really sweet. But, of course, there's a bad apple or two in any barrel.

11. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, its very competitive where Im at. What bothers me is the hierarchy firstly, tops over bottoms, going down from butches, femmes dating dating a butch, single femmes, and lastly trans. Submissive, receptive, fem men like me are treated like garbage. My area is very redneck macho, so the gay men are misogynistic and treat receptive guys the same way they treat women, badly. So even verse guys pretend to be only tops. Also most guys here are in the closet and have alot of self homophobia.

#31 Jackie Ray, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
  12. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What an interesting post! I'm also bi. And although I'm also attracted to more feminine men you will never hear me say I'm attracted to gay men because being attracted to more feminine men to me is not equal to being attracted to gay men. I realize a greater percentage of gay men is more feminine than straight men but that doesn't mean I'm attracted to gay men. I'm only attracted to a small part of gay men. I can also be attracted to bisexual men or even straight men. Not all straight men are macho men but they often hide it when they are not. They don't realize they live in a heteronormative society and that they are influenced by it on a daily basis. Openly gay men, on the other hand, are well aware of the fact that they live in a heteronormative society and how it tries to influence them. That's a huge difference and it has an influence on their behaviour. Other than you, I don't think all gay men are kind and respectful. And some of them are misogynistic indeed. I agree with Jacky Ray on that one.