1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I miss her

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Peterpangirl, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We are getting closer and I miss her more and more. We live 2 hours from each other. I cannot see that being able to change for a long time....when I think about her I picture her smile lines and want to trace them with my finger tips.
    At the weekend she murmured barely audibly that if I weren't married she would ask me to marry her...at one point she also asked if I were in a better place than last year and I almost freaked out...paranoid that this was a preamble to ending our relationship. I feel so vulnerable.

LostInDaydreams and Lia444 like this.
  2. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh sorry you are missing her.. Why did you freak out? Do you mind clarifying?

3. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

4. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I bet she’s thinking the same as you, try not to worry. Hang in there and keep communicating. Love wins. Could booking a holiday together be an option?

5. BiBarefeet

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't want this to come across as patronising and condescending, but you sound very sweet. I have similar thoughts and feelings myself. And in some ways my situation mirrors yours. But it will be ok. Whatever happens, things will work themselves out in the end. Have faith x

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So after she asked if you were in a better place, where did the conversation go from there?

7. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I asked her why she was asking...and I asked if she was going to end it. I found tears welling up. She denied that she was going to end it. We changed the subject. I have since admitted that the conversation made me feel insecure. However, she, too, is insecure: A friend of mine has a gay younger sister who has come out after marriage and a child. I have learned from my friend that her sister's partner is abusive - physically and verbally. I have shown my concern. My friend says she will introduce us sometime.....My girlfriend is worried to hear this...she asks me questions about whether I know what my friend's sister looks like...whether she is butch or feminine...how old she is (She is younger than me or my girlfiend)...and says that this woman might be interested in me as there aren't so many gay women!!!....I reassure her of my love and attraction and recall what we have shared and been through so far....

#7 Peterpangirl, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your friends sisters same sex partner is abusive? Could your girlfriend be at any potential meeting?

9. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think my friend was thinking she would introduce me to the abusive partner of her sister (who keeps looking at her text and call history, monitors her calls to her ex-husband and daughter and has screamed at her in rage and pulled her hair). My friend hasn't even met this woman and is now scared to...I think she was just going to introduce me to her sister next time she's in town...as we have both come out late and are both mothers and she thought we might be able to empathise with each other....

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry that was what I meant. Could your girlfriend go with you if you met your friends sister so that any jealousy wa kept to a minimum?

11. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It might be difficult to arrange given that my friend's sister is unlikely to be in town at the same time as my girlfriend can be, but I could aim for that....jealousy is a new emotion for me to deal with as my ex never displayed it. I have been hoping that my sincerity and assurances will suffice, but perhaps I am naive. I do think partners need to trust one another....after all I have managed not to make a pass at a single woman for 42 years so I am quite sure I can control myself!

12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh absolutely and if even if you lived next door to each other she would still need to trust you. There will always be other women, it's ok for her to be unsure a little but it is her insecurities and she has to work on them. The temptation can never be taken away even if you married her. I think offering the option for her to be there if it's possible shows that you have nothing to hide but I don't think you should not meet if she can't be there if that makes sense.