1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this normal? roller coaster.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by misslovely, Apr 26, 2018.

1. misslovely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm new to the world of LGBTQ. I understand every experience is different so. I'm referring to my own personal experience.

But um. is this normal? is it normal to........ have a roller coaster of emotions when it comes to coming out?

Here's what I mean. I've gone from....... wanting to be straight/denial. [btw I'm bi. but I think slightly more lesbian then hetero. er homosexual I mean.].

after. which.........being ok somewhat w/ being bi. [or, anything of that nature.]. and happy and free.

and then. finally. regretting that.

am I alone here?

and by. 'regretting' I mean........in that. I regret being bisexual even though. it's - apparently - a natural thing.

I hope this makes sense.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC. You are right everyone's journey is unique but I think you will find certainly in my experience that the majority of people go through the rollercoaster of emotions and feelings. It's really tough, I definitely still remember mine well.

Why do you think you regret being bi?

LostInDaydreams likes this.
  3. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The five stages of grief, yep was there not long ago.

misslovely likes this.
  4. lost101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    In my experience and others I’ve spoken to when I first realized I might be gay I accepted it but also felt nervous of others figuring it out so I’d do crazy things to keep it hidden Especially from my family so to hide it I went out and bought a poster of a half naked hot guy and put it up in my room in hopes it would make me look straight my roller coaster was more of me not knowing how to tell my parents so I was upset for weeks on end trying to give them hints once I told them and they had a positive reaction it was all up hill from there once you have a support system I feel the roller coaster gets more leveled out..I sometimes feel regret in that I grieve the straight life because let’s face it until we are coming out of the closet and part of a majority being a sexual minority is going to be different and make it hard but more and more people are out of the closet I see more gays being open and also transgenders as of late but don’t go back on something to make others happy if being yourself is your happiness

misslovely likes this.
  5. NicoC123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These are all normal. A little too normal unfortunately. These are things that fade with self acceptance and with a good support system. I'm sorry you are feeling this way, but one day they do fade. Look to the online world and in your community to find friends who understand and can help you with this. Finding people who have been through the same thing is always helpful! Good luck to you!

closeted13 and misslovely like this.
  6. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm wonderin' if I'm ever gonna get out of my rollercoaster trip since I feel like the strongest person ever since I came out as trans MtF to my friends (one by one) but more importantly my family last summer. And sometimes I'm feelin' a big lack of self-confidence for not bein' as anyone else. Sure, different is good since I do believe it's a great thingy bein' unique, it took some years of thinkin' and inner searchin' to come to that conclusion. The journey from my self-acceptance from my first friend to know to the second one, to a relative, to another friend and etc has been long, rocky sometimes even. It's been serious of ups'n'downs thinkin' and emotionwise since I've been tryin' to find other solutions of how to live a life in secret but after talkin' with several people, hearin' stories, lookin' at documentaries and such, I realize that this wasn't the way to walk.

It sounds like your rollercoaster ride is somewhat rocky yet, dealin' with many thoughts that says both this and that. If there's somethin' I'm positive about is that you are certainly not alone feelin' like that:slight_smile: I guess it's a natural thinkin' thingy to go through when you're discoverin' your true self and figurin' out how to proceed with your next move:slight_smile: For some people that's a great plannin' of life while other finds a smoother-ish way (I wish that I could've been more brave about comin' out earlier so I wouldn't had to fight my inner demons this long in my headxS Always admired those people who could do that^^(A))

misslovely likes this.