1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else feel like their gonna die when they come out to straight people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gabbyg1203, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Gabbyg1203

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to my straight best friend and like I was shaking and I couldn’t breathe and everything I was so scared. Is this normal?

2. AndyB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There's a medical term for that...it's called "crapping yourself"!

Seriously though it's just a normal anxiety reaction to something that is scary. You were opening up to someone and were worried/concerned how they would react. Your body went into "flight or fight" mode which it's pre-programmed to do when faced with something terrifying/unusual/threatening.
    As long as it doesn't become an issue (anxiety related illnesses and OCD are NOT fun hobbies to pursue....trust me I suffer from both) I wouldn't worry about it.

How did your friend react? Hope it went well.

All the best.

3. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's normal in manner situations especially where you put yourself out there or create a situation where the response might not be good.

4. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say that's a normal reaction for, almost anyone I'd guess, who wishes nothin' more to tell someone they really care about of who they are inside:slight_smile: I've been scared multiple times when I came out to my friends (one at the time since I don't dare to do it in front of everyone) as trans MtF. Like my grandma would say: "Thank God to that!" It's your best friend, a friend that means more than any person you've ever met in the world and you were so worried since you had no idea of what your friend would react. I was really scared that my friends would change their view of me if they knew my true side. But today, it feels much more relaxed bein' with 'em and see that everythin' is as it's use to be^^

Excuse my curiosity for I am as curious as AndyB:grin: May I ask how your friend reacted??:slight_smile: Best of luck with everythin'^^

#4 Misadori, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018