1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im sick of thinking about him

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Mohamm, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Mohamm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    He has been my best friend for 7 years,until we joined different Universities he started to change, the first two months he was acting normal then he started acting distant when I first met him after 4 months at his college I surprised him and he appeared to be very happy then he had a quiz and I was waiting for him so we can go home I forgot that he had a quiz and I forgot to ask him how he did,on our way home we started talking and he was talking to me but in a different tone he seemed depressed and angry, we started to talk about his old friends he said he doesn't contact them or contacts them rarely, after that day I went back to my home and he went back to his like nothing ever happened,then after a while I finally had the courage to ask him out he said he had an exam, because I overanalyis everything I stopped contacting him I started to think of he wants to see me he would tell but he never did,after a month he told me he will join a college so near to mine and he will see me there,I was so excited and I couldn't wait for the semester to start, when it started I told him about my schedule and he said then I will be seeing you,I saw him finally and again he was or appeared to be very happy,he talked about having no friends and how he isn't good with making friends, because I'm as socially awkward as him I didn't reply,after I had to go home he told me he will be seeing me but as usual he never contacted me after two weeks, I told him to hangout and he was busy which I understand but what I don't understand is why he appears to be careless, I stopped contacting him and now It has been 2 months.
    I can't believe how careless he is, in high school he was my only and best friend the only one who I thought that he could be my friend forever,I liked more than anyone, even if I was depressed and I wanted to be alone he would always ask to see me,it was a 7 year friendship that appears to be dying for nothing
    Now I'm very depressed since I joined college I tried to make friends to cope up with missing him but I still miss him no matter how many friends I make, it's sad because I have no one to trust I don't like my family and even if I made friends I feel empty and not being myself, I can't concentrate on anything now because im so shocked and disappointed I don't care about having friends but he made me realize how important a friend can be.
    I feel betrayed by the only person that I can trust.
    I just can't forget how an amazing friend he was,I try to forget him and I end up staring at old pictures and reading old conversation while wondering what the hell happened to him.

2. lazybear03

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just replied to your other post where you asked me how the guy I know reacted. I'm not sure if you have seen it yet. What is the situation with the the guy you know? Have you tried talking to him yet? I definitely know how you feel. I just want me and the guy to go back to the way we were. I just wish he would talk to me again, and forget this whole situation between us.

3. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are too many commas -> My brain can not understand. Can you rephrase in a calm manner (with less commas)? It would be quite helpful to everyone who wants to offer advice.

4. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In your case the timeline appears to be (please correct me if and where this is innacurate).

1) There is a guy who was your best friend.
    2) We went to different universities and everything was fine for the first 2 months.
    3) After 4 months you went to visit him at his uni.
    4) After his test you went back to your house and he went back to his, but you left with each other before splitting off and he sounded angry while you were going back home.
    5) Eventually you ask him out. (Assuming on a date)
    6) He rejected you by playing the I'm busy with school card.
    7) One month later he decides to move colleges to one closer to you and you can see each other more often.
    8) You ran into him and he seemed happy but he had no friends. You were unsupportive in this ordeal of his.
    9) After that you asked him to hang out and he said he is busy with school, again.
    10) You tried and failed to distract yourself from him by making other friends but you are sad because he was your best friend and very supportive of you for years.

Assuming this is all correct, I have some advice but the story needs clarification from you first.

Mohamm likes this.
  5. Mohamm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    He once sent me this sticker
    This exactly what it is.
    You can forget about the commas English is not my first language.

Attached Files:

6. Mohamm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It
    It wasn't really a date I just want to hangout with him

7. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In the event what I said was accurate I think your friend is justifiably upset with you. He was loyal and compassionate to you for 7 years and when he reached out to you, twice, about having no friends in his life you did nothing. You should apologize immediately.

Mohamm likes this.
  8. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well that is a slight change but my comment still applies. Also, did you ever think about dating him? Would you want to?

9. Mohamm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Wow I have never thought about it this way. Even when I asked in other forums no one mentioned the fact that he may be upset with me.
    You made me feel even worse but the thing is I asked to hangout three times,first one he rejected, second one he agreed, the last one he rejected and never contacted me for 2 months. why would I ask to hangout with him if I wasn't his friend and he knows that I don't like hanging out with people. Because I'm horrible at dealing with people I thought he just stopped caring.
    I sent him a meme last week and he saw it but took him a while to write a short reply. Why do you think did he do that?

10. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't feel to bad, people are difficult. He might legitimately be busy sometimes but it sounds like he needs someone just as much as you do so please go apologize for not being there for him and ask if you can send more time with each other when he is free. If he doesn't want to, respect it. Also refer to my above question about your feelings towards him.

Mohamm likes this.
  11. Mohamm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You can check my older threads.
    I'm not gay but the way he was acting towards me made me fall in love with him. I saw many signs that he may feel the same but at this point I really don't care if he feels the same I just want to be his friend.
    What I'm afraid off is he just stopped caring if I know for sure I would be shattered. Thats why I'm afraid to ask him out again.

#11 Mohamm, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  12. Mohamm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't know how to use this site I saw your post on my profile.
    It was so obvious that he has a thing for me but because both of us were socially awkward we didn't know how to express it. i tried sarcastically but he didn't get it. I think him calling emotionless and a misanthrope was a way to force me to admit my love for him I just couldn't do it and now I feel it's too late. You made me realize that maybe he isn't the asshole in this situation maybe I'm. I don't know I'm so confused right now I'm thinking about apologizing I'm sure he will forgive me if he was upset. But I don't know how to start it

13. Mohamm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It finally happened he asked me to hangout but sadly I refused because his timing was bad. I'm nervous because the crush thing started to hit me again I'm not sure if it's wise to admit that I'm in love with him. I'm feeling many mixed emotions right now I don't know what to do.

14. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, you could ask him for a different time to hang out if that is what you want to do.
    Also never say love to someone you have never even dated. That is a recipe for disaster.

15. Mohamm

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    He is the same guy from weird eye contact post. As I mentioned before it was so obvious that he has or had a thing for me. It depends on how our next meeting goes. Ofcourse I'm not planning on admitting my feelings anytime soon. I will see how he interacts with me then I will decide. But if he has the same feelings someone should make the move, don't you think?

16. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can admit you like him, just don't use the word love. Love is a word that scares people off.

#16 Humbly Me, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
    Mohamm likes this.