1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kind of confused?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by KatieLuna, Apr 23, 2018.

1. KatieLuna

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi!

So I basically landed on this forum because I was confused about gender and such? I mean I have always been a bit of a tomboy, I have loved things that boys generally liked (although I did like some things that were girly as well). I hated the different toys in like McDonald's Happy Meals and often asked for the boy one (although admittedly, they were cooler). I also wanted to hang out with guys and when girls talked about make up, i was uninterested. I hated my breasts, especially when they were growing.

I did later accept feminine things, I do sometimes use make up and have conformed more. But there's another thing that led me to questioning - if I could press a button that would make me biologically male, I would press it in a second. But without that possibility, I don't know if I would transition? It's just...that I'm confused. I have read books with trans characters and recognised so many thoughts (they were written by trans authors) that I have become totally confused and no one around me can actually help.

AlexJames likes this.
  2. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are you saying your family wouldn't be supportive of you? What about friends?

3. KatieLuna

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like to think they would. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. When I asked my mum for a binder, she asked if I want to look like a man, and the tone was...I don't know, it didn't sound well. But I like to think she'd support me.

But that's currently the least of my problems.

4. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, perhaps as long as they aren't antagonistic towards you then you should explore these feelings a bit more openly and see where it takes you.

5. Storge96

'I have read books with trans characters and recognised so many thoughts (they were written by trans authors) that I have become totally confused and no one around me can actually help'

What kind of thoughts?

6. KatieLuna

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m not sure if bumping this is okay but during the time I was absent from here, I was able to chat with more trans people and was figuring and trying more, and I have come to realisation that I AM trans. I also got my first binder! I’m still confused about loads of things but this one is at least partly ‘solved’