1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally accepting it

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Claudio97, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Claudio97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So
    After so many time I finally accepted the fact that I'm trans. That I'm a man. After all those uncomfortable situations I got it. Now all I have to do is to gain the courage to be myself. I've also chose my name so let me start again.
    I'm Claudio, I'm 20 years old, I'm Italian and I'm a man. I can't wait to be an actual engineer, even though my stupid depression is ruining everything. I also need to come out (again) to my friends and that's what scares me the most. I'm not very good about explaining myself but I hope they'll get it. If anyone knows anything about transitioning in Italy, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Aberrance and AlexJames like this.
  2. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As I usually do in EC... *shouts* <<ANOTHER ITALIAN :grin:>> xD
    Good luck on your journey. And I'm happy that you accepted yourself.
    Unfortunately, I know about transitioning in my city/region, but not about Italy in general, except something... very general. Ex the mandatory diagnosis of gender dysphoria (not just informed consent). These are two sites I found, the first one is "official" and is about the "official protocol for transitioning" (ONIG), and the second one is from a blog that makes a comparison between ONIG and WPATH:
    http://www.onig.it/drupal8/node/9
    http://ftmnotizieutili.blogspot.it/2013/09/confronto-onig-wpath-per-ladeguamento.html

Remember not to feel too trapped by the "official pre-cooked itinerary and narrative" that's often described. At least, I personally feel sick reading those things. I'm tired by all that bureaucratic and medical mess even before starting it. xD You're a person, not a damned car that's being built. Do what feels right at your own pace.

seagull.png

Claudio97 likes this.
  3. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And I know what it means to have studies ruined by depression / supposed depression / psychological issues. I'm going trough a similar situation. If you need to talk, I'm here. ^.^

Claudio97 likes this.
  4. Claudio97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for your reply. I've researched alot lately about this and I still have to decide what to do. I'm gonna take it slowly cause i still have to come out. But I'm very sure about this and i think i need to finished my studies first. I'd like to shout out this to everyone but i have to kept this a secret cause my mind is already a mess, so I'm afraid is going to get worse if I do anything.

5. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it depends on how much your friends are supportive. I started nothing officially (and studies will last many long years from now), but I came out to close friends and family and I'm planning to come out to acquaintances and facebook (that means I'll have to pass from women's public toilets to men's? xD who knows. Aaaaakh, who knows, really.) My friends use chosen name in public. This relieved social dysphoria, so less mess of the mind, but that's because friends are supportive. My parents act like I didn't come out, but the fact that they know - even if they're in denial - removed a bunch of dysphoria anyway. In conclusion, it depends on how people around you act and how your mind works. I'd get crazy at the idea of not transitioning socially before the end of studies. I needed that so much that I don't even bind yet. xD

6. Claudio97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry about your parents, i hope they'll get it. I think I'm going to talk to a counselor and I'll start from there. It would bw great to just be myself but I'm not ready to risk everything .