1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just another teenager saying hello to the lovely people on this site

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Rhea Moon, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Rhea Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello lovely people of the internet, I'm Rhea. I've finally gathered the courage to do something with my life and made this account.

I'm a socially awkward teenage girl who hasn't been bothered to find out what her sexuality is until now. I mean, I know I'm not straight, but that's all I've really gathered. I'm obsessed with reading. I basically read manga, poetry and books all day while listening to my strange diverse taste of music. I'm open to pretty much anything, so I read and listen to a lot of weird and wacky things and like them.

Got a haircut because I decided that when you try to discover something about yourself, it calls for a new look. It's not everyday that you decide to embrace a realisation about yourself. (Maybe it was a bit odd of me to get a haircut - but what has been done, has been done.)

I would love to make some friends on here. I don't mind who you are, as long as you're willing to start a conversation with me, we can be friends! Talk to me anytime. You're all beautiful people and I would love to get to know you

2. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi and welcome

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Rhea! Welcome to EC!:relaxed:

4. Rhea Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for welcoming me!

5. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there, Rhea! Welcome to EC!

6. Rhea Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello to you too! Thanks for welcoming me to EC.

7. Metalicize

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, Rhea! It's a pleasure to meet you!
    You seem really cool!

I would love to be your friend if you don't mind!

Some conversation starters:
    What genre of manga do you read?
    Do you have a favorite poetry book?
    What's your favorite band/genre of music?

I hope to hear your responses soon!

:heart:
    -Connor

8. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi and welcome

9. Rhea Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Hello! Thanks for welcoming me. I hope life is well for you and wish you the best of happiness!

I would absolutely love to be friends with you!

For manga, I tend to read psychological, tragedy, slice of life, shounen ai or shoujo ai genres. Though I'm open to practically anything! I definitely have a preference to read stories with plot lines that aren't good for my heart, I just grow too attached to characters. I love stories with poetic elements and something meaningful that changes your perspective of the world. (Even if they make me question society and what the meaning of life is.)

I have a weird thing about having favourite things, is that strange? I love exploring and embracing different and new things. But I feel like when I have a favourite thing, it ties me down and makes me compare everything. Of course, there isn't anything wrong with having favourites! I get a little jealous over how people can dedicate themselves to a fandom and I'm stuck in a gray area of 'I kind of like everything but I can't devote, what am I doing with my life. Get it together Rhea!'. I'll still try to answer your questions, of course. Don't worry.

The most recent poetry book I've read is Sea of Strangers by Lang Leav. Is it just me or are poetry books really expensive? Like my parents always ask me why I waste that much money on metaphors inked on a page and make me question what I'm doing :joy:
    But I really love some of the poems in the book. Most of the time, I just read poems online since it's easier.

Now that I think about it, I listen to so many genres of music. Lately, I've been listening to Isaac Gracie (absolutely love his song Silhouettes of You), Jung Joon-Young/Drug Restaurant (DR is a Korean rock band, JJY being the lead singer), and The Neighbourhood. Though my songs vary; I listen to a lot of Korean songs despite not knowing the language XD. Got some rap, classical, rock, pop, Japanese, a couple of jazz songs and many more. My taste in music is a bit crazy. (I think we all have our trashy music though. It's just a matter of if you admit it or not.)

If you've got any recommendations for anything, then please share them with me! In case you can't tell, I'm pretty much open to anything and everything. I've seen some things in manga and woww, I'm resilient. Listened to songs that you can't play in front of your parents, yet also know too many Disney songs.

I would love to hear what you read and listen to as well! I've also got some questions for you too! If you don't mind...
    Do you have any hobbies? Or anything you want to start or dream of doing?
    Anything that you love and I should know about?
    Are you reading anything interesting at the moment? Or what was the last thing you read?
    Give me your best (or worst) dad joke! Not a question, just a request XD

Wow, I talk a lot. Or write a lot? Either way, yikes. I get a bit excited when talking to new wonderful people. I hope I haven't scared you! I would love to hear from you back soon!

From that online person who talks too much,
    Rhea Moon.

10. Metalicize

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a few hobbies. The most prominent ones being: Drawing, reading, listening to/creating music (only with my voice, I don't have the patience to learn any instruments), and (the oddest of them all) correcting grammatical errors on my friends' essays/stories (dontjudgemeitmakesmefeelsmart)

Umm...I hope to improve my (nonexistent) math skills so that I learn how to enjoy it better. I usually can't bring myself to want to do it so I'm trying to make it fun...somehow. ^^``

Well...I'm not sure if you should know about this (because it's pretty insignificant) but I really love singing. I mean, I'd never do it in front of anybody, but when I'm alone I am very passionate.

I just finished reading "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl"! It was so wonderful! I loved how it was written to look like a biography!

Hmm...

My favorite dad joke is pretty common, but I make it frequently.

EX.

"I'm hungry"

"Nice to meet you, Hungry. I'm Dad."

My tiny brain seems to think that this is hilarious.

You didn't scare me at all! Thank you for replying! I had fun answering your questions!

:heart:
    -Connor

11. LeSBiAniTy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Rhea! Awesome that you've decided to do something, and even if you know nothing past being not straight that's fine because hey! There's a thousand different words we use to let people know our gender/sexuality but as long as you're happy with it it's cooool

12. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome! Your social skills are showing right from the start, with the title of this post. How can we not like that? How is your part of Oz for gay tolerance? My dad was Australian, we lived there till I was 5, I still think of it very positively. (California ocean water is cold!)

13. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone