1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loves me but no longer in love with me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by anniesims, Apr 22, 2018.

1. anniesims

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    sorry if I ramble in this post. My gf and I have been together almost 10 months. at first she texted me the most wonderful amazing things. shes not good at saying how she feels but was good about texting them. its hard because we live 2 hours away from each other. we see each other as much as we can. she told me she was falling for me. (falling in love with me) and I told her the same. i told her i was in love with her and she said she was with me too. well she doesnt like to say "mushy" things. She doesnt like to talk about it. i will tell her Im in love with her and she doesnt say it back. finally today I said if you dont feel that way at least have the respect for me to tell me so Im not hoping/waiting to hear it from you. she didnt want to talk about it. Then she texted me and said she was sorry and she isnt "in love with me" and doesnt know why that changed but she still loves me and loves being with me and how we can laugh together and she feels relaxed when she is with me.

Im hurt of course and dont know what the chances shell ever be in love with me again. Im honestly crushed. i asked if she still wants to be "together". she said she does. I dont really know how to feel and I know it will be a while before we can live closer. It hurts and I dont want to be without her but the distance makes it hard and maybe thats why her feelings changed? I dont know what to think. Im trying to keep busy, picking up hours at work and other things. I dont have any friends I hang out with Im horrible at socialzing. not sure how to get thru this and be okay with our relationship. anyway if you read all this thank you. any thoughts? I hate to think about moving on because I really do love her.

2. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aww I'm sorry this is happening to you. That really hurts a lot. I've been through this, both the one who is loving so much and one has who has gone out of love. The good thing about your situation is you can still do something about it. Maybe instead of picking up shifts, maybe you can spend more physical time with her if it's possible? I mean if you really love her, distance shouldnt hinder you from going to her, not if it's only 2 hours away. Heck I would drive 5 hrs away to meet this girl that I like but she doesnt want me haha But seriously, try to win her love back if she meant that much to you. Try to do anything, then after all that, if it didnt work still, then I guess it's time to let go. But you did say that she still loves being with you. You still have a chance. Just do extra effort on showing her, and not just saying it, that you love her. Maybe surprise her sometimes too. Send her something that she likes. Or do some activities that you guys havent tried. Pray too and have faith that you'll get through this. Good luck!

3. anniesims

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    spending extra time is tricky. Just with our work schedules it makes it hard. We see each other when we can and I do what I can to make time to see her. Trust me the 2 hour drive isnt a big deal to me. I think Im going to keep doing what I have been doing and then have a talk with her about making more time for her. i dont mind driving up to see her even if its for an afternoon. I dont want to push it right away. things have been kinda hectic for her lately and a lot of added pressure. so Ill wait til the next time I see her to talk about making more time to see each other. thanks for your reply though I really appreciate it.

4. anniesims

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    so this morning she called me at 7 am just to say "good morning". shes at work by 5 am and shell usually call me when Im on my way To work at 2:30 in the afternoon. usually shes not on her first break til 830 so it was really nice that she called this morning when she knew Id be getting up. im guessing it has to do with yesterday and she feels bad (which she shouldnt). little things mean a lot.

5. Simon902

Simon902 Guest

OK, this is pretty text book. In my opinion she does love you. You dont go from loving someone or falling for them and then not loving them for no reason. I think you are in a good position (as apposed to me right now) the fact that she calls you, thats great. I think dealing with someone who may have trouble expressing themselves emotionally and how they truly feel can be hard, more so on you because you are more settled and accepting, sometimes people have things beneath the surface they struggle with, but on the surface they can give you a fair bit, like, she is calling you and probably genuinely feels bad. I think she needs more time to... get with the program, or more importantly, get with your program. The distance thing, well, its not like you are located in different countries. Give her a while and tell her one day how rare it is find this kind of thing in our world. I think the worst thing you can do is put pressure on her or from personal experience, I would advise not to push the issue or else you can push her away altogether. However... there needs to be a cut off point too, you cannot go through life with an individual like this, at some point the love part needs to be confirmed. Gay love is harder than straight love, at least thats what I've learned, with our love there is all the acceptance issues and insecurities and comfort zones we have to deal with. I would give her space and time and throughout just be there for her and be fun and carefree, show her that you are not hanging on for dear life, but at some point probably at 15 months I'd bring it up and say ok Im definitely in love with you, how do you feel. If she still not sure, then tell her ok well, Im looking for something deep and I love it to be you but if Im not what you are looking for then.... and leave the rest up to her to give you an answer. I hope this helps a little.

anniesims likes this.
  6. Richard321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For me, the person who says, "I love you, but I'm no longer in love with you", is fickle.

I think it's best to let that person go. I mean, if they insist on being in love then they will keep falling out of love, be it with you or with whomever they are with. If it's with you then you'll always be at that person's behest - at their beck and call.

anniesims likes this.
  7. anniesims

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks for your reply. i havent gotten back here for a little bit. I really appreciate your thoughts. Im just going to do what you said. Just enjoy it for what it is now and talk to her about it again later on. I dont want to push her away but seeming desperate. I also dont want to be strung along forever. Ill give it time and see what happens for the time being.