1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Party clothing not feminine

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by mynameiseh, Apr 22, 2018.

1. mynameiseh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If this thread doesn't fit in in the category/website I am so sorry, but I felt like this was the best place I could find where I could ask this question.

So, I'm a girl, soon to be 18 and not really comfortable in typical feminine clothing: dresses, blouses, clothing that shows some more skin, cleavage etc. This is something that doesn't bother me a lot in my everyday life, because I can totally get away with wearing just t-shirts and stuff like that. But, recently I have started going to parties and soon I'm old enough for clubbing. This means that a t-shirt sometimes isn't acceptable, and I'm kind of expected to wear the kind of clothes that I mentioned earlier. This makes me feel kinda uncomfortable because I just never know what to wear? I don't have any friends to ask because we don't share the same style, they just recommend me a dress. I have worn a (quite basic) long-sleeved shirt, and I feel like I can't wear that all the time...It gets kinda boring.
    So please, all help is welcome! Also, sorry if this thread isn't supposed to be here...

2. mynameiseh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also don't wear makeup, so I can't use som fancy makeup to "make up" for the basic clothing.

3. Flynn S

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd classify this as gender expression, so you're good.

You might be able to find a more conservative sweater that is fancy enough. Perhaps you could wear a button up shirt. My sister usually wears cardigans when she doesn't feel like revealing too much. What is it, exactly, that discomforts you about more traditionally feminine clothing?

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe a fancy top and skinny jeans? Some cool shoes to go with that, and you have a variety of options with shoes, high heels, but it can be sneakers if you you prefer, boots... A shirt sounds like a good idea too.

5. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Button-up dress shirts and nice sweaters are a pretty safe bet when dressing-up. There`s also women`s sport jackets (blazers) you could put on top if you want to look a bit more formal and some nice slacks.