1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you meet your S.O?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Storm101, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Storm101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really like listening/reading how couples met each other^^ and it can be fun to talk about as well. How did you meet your S.O. And what were your feelings during your first meeting? Thanks :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:! And enjoy!

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I "met" my boyfriend on a dating app, but I had definitely seen him on the university's campus prior to that. The first time I saw him, it was a sunny morning and I was going up a long flight of stairs and he was going down and I literally did a double take when he passed me.

Through the app we exchanged numbers and then he asked me to ask him out to coffee, so I did. I think my first feelings we're that he was way out of my league. He is a dancer and basically a model, while I have never though myself to amount to much. But the more I'm with him, I actually feel better about myself. He is very sweet, gentle, and humble. On our second date, I actually ended up telling him rather suddenly that I am trans, and he didn't even blink - just smiled and said "that's okay" like it didn't make a difference.

For now we are still in the early stages of our relationship but things have been going well, and we're planning our first fancy dinner date for next weekend.

3. Storm101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw that’s really sweet^^ I hope your dinner goes well!

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm theoretically single, but i'm seeing a girl for about a month now (we have actually "decided" we are going to close the relationship and be faithful, and see if we will continue to advance on things, but we haven't reached the "I love you stage" yet).

I've met her on a dating app, just like everyone else i have ever had something with (from one night dates to a serious relationship - maybe two if everything works out now :slight_smile: ). The only exception would be my ex-boyfriend, which i have met in the university (although we were only colleagues - then we started chatting through a social network about games and then decided to go out).

In resume, the internet is always involved in my relationships ;P

5. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    On a forum. We were friends for five months before I confessed my feelings. A year later, we met in person, and as of December 2017, we now live together. We have tentatively set our wedding for next February.

6. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The completely random roommate assigning system at our university. There was an open two bedroom apartment. We were both assigned to it having never met before. We became friends. Then more than friends. I can't decide whether it was luck, destiny, or divine intervention, but I'll always be grateful for it whatever it was.

7. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What does SO stands for again? It looks like for someone special but what is SO?

8. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This was exactly my reaction :grin:

Have fun!

9. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my girlfriend when a group of people from the LGBTQ+ center on campus offered to take me out to show me some of the city. We got to talking, and we quickly figured out that we have the same sense of humor. On the bus ride back, she made sure to sit next to me, and it was becoming obvious that there was potentially something between us. Later that night, there was a point in the night where I went to grab drinks for everyone. When I came back to the group, I accidentally overheard her asking one of the guys if he knew if I was single or not. She ended up asking me to go with her to a party the next week, and things just kind of grew from there.

10. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my husband in a bar. I was actually out with an ex. We stopped there for a drink before we were going to go out dancing. I never made it to the dancing. A friend of mine spotted my now partner and made a rather lascivious but appreciative comment about his butt. My partner was classically trained in ballet and, well, it is rather amazing. So we were kind of all there staring at his behind. When he turned around there was, well the only way I can think to describe it is as a shock of recognition. I'd never met or seen him before and yet what really went through my mind was "oh, it's you." We approached each other and fell into conversation, the friends I was there with all but forgotten. We talked for a few hours and then went back to his place. We like to joke that our relationship is a one night stand gone terribly awry. The next morning we talked about when we could see each other again. He had a party he had to go to that weekend. It was an Easter brunch thing and was a big annual sort of formal thing, not really the sort of thing he could just bring some random guy to at the last minute. I thought it was so funny that he felt bad that he couldn't bring me, considering that we had literally just met the previous evening. I told him, and I still can't believe I said this, "that's alright--you'll take me next year." His response: "I will, won't I... what's going on here?"

And the rest is history I suppose--twenty years and counting. It was very strange. Both of us had been around the block more times than we care to admit. Neither of us was really in the market for a boyfriend--we were both at stages of our lives where we were frankly enjoying being single. And yet for both of us it seemed not only immediately desirable that we be together long term but almost sort of inevitable. I don't think I would have believed it was possible for it to work that way before it happened. I certainly never experienced anything like it with any of the other men I dated.

On a side note, I called that ex to apologize for ditching him the previous night. His response was one of the reasons we've been friends for over twenty years now: "Are you kidding? I was there. I saw him. No apology needed, trust me."

11. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We met on a dating site. Traded messages for a few days, started talking about restaurants, and I invited him to this taco place that I love but he'd never been to (but I didn't want him to know it's across the street from my place, in case he got the wrong impression). We're coming up on 4 years since that taco date.

12. MHJG

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess it refers to significant other.

13. Storm101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That’s awesome! Such a sweet story^^

14. Storm101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That it does^^

15. Storm101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have a great wedding!

16. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My friend twisted my arm to try a dating app. We started talking, and a few days later went on our first date. It's a compliment/insult, but I thought he didn't look like in his pics (he looks much better :3). He didn't walk super confidently, which made me feel better because he was nervous too aha

17. Storm101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw^^ Pictures can be misleading lol

18. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    accident. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    he's a soldier and he's been sent to our area one day, and we only met on the street. I'm rather unusual when it comes to appearance, he noticed me and said something in Swedish. he didn't know I understood Swedish more or less :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and was slightly shocked when I replied.
    I guess that was the first thing that's drawn him to me, except for noticing that I look different than others. we started talking, he made me laugh and I thought "omg I want him to be my friend". and that's how it started. I was open to a friendship with him because he was the first person who made me feel comfortable with himself just from the start. :astonished: so I knew it was the sign :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    and we became friends, then best friends, and we eventually fell in love with each other. I had luck to meet a gay soldier, it seems :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Friend of a friends friend. haha. (makes it sound more complicated)

20. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We met through the internet (although it wasn't a dating website). We started chatting and built up a good rapport and agreed to meet after a few months of exchanging messages and a few phone calls. That was fourteen years ago and we've now been married three years.