1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as Transgender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by sontfles, Apr 21, 2018.

1. sontfles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    so after a long time of thinking I’m going to come out as transgender to my family specifically my mom which is gonna be really hard but I need to get it done now i want to start as soon as possible I know I shouldn’t rush things but it feels right.. if I explained everything this thread would be pages long but wish me luck hopefully going to try and come out as transgender in the next few days..

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you have any idea how your parents will react? Are they supportive of transgender people in news stories or do they know other transgender people? The only reason I say this is because depending on your age and the attitude of your parents, coming out may not be in your best interest.

sontfles likes this.
  3. sontfles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I totally agree and I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos lately and I’ve been kind of asking my parents how they feel about other Transgender people in the media like the Olympics etc. Unfortunately I can’t really tell and I feel it’s best for me to just come out now even if they aren’t supportive of me and don’t allow me to transition now which will be a huge blow but I guess I’ll deal with that when it comes. My parents are not really pro trans as lately they’ve been saying things like “that’s the devil” which makes no sense obviously but hey, you can’t change a persons view I guess. It’s gonna be really hard but unless you’ve gone through it I’m not sure one really knows what it feels like to feel like you’re in the wrong body I’m not sure how much longer I can do it for.

4. sontfles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I forgot to add that I’ve already come out as gay and very openly gay and they were very supportive of that but I don’t think they’ll support me being Transgender and I know that’s who I am. More likely then not they’ll tell me I’m “taking this too far”.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It at take them some time to come around to it. It took us some time to come to terms with it, so it will take them some time as well. Since they have not said anything negative, that is a good sign.

sontfles likes this.