1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online jeans shopping help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AlexJames, Apr 20, 2018.

1. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, i was able to find shorts that fit at the local walmart just fine. But jeans, not so much. I'm ridiculously short, at 5ft tall, and measuring the inseam on my women's jeans i think 32x25 mens jeans would fit me. Problem is, while i can find 32 waist jeans, anything below 30 is so hard to find. And i'm trying to avoid having to find someone to hem my jeans and living in a small town, i don't want that cause i don't want to risk people talking about the short 20-something that wanted mens jeans hemmed up for themselves.

So i've got two questions.
    (1) are there any outlets in particular i can order from and have shipped to my house that sell jeans for short guys?
    (2) what cut do i buy? looking at target, i see skinny, slim, slim-straight, straight, and athletic as well as regular, taper, and relaxed.

I want jeans to straighten me out without looking like they're bootcut (cause i hate bootcut) but i also don't want something that shows off curves. I prefer to try them on physically, but that's a drive and online shopping is sooooo much easier. I figure now that i understand jean cuts, shopping will be easier, right?

#1 AlexJames, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every shop will do 32 waist but like you say the 25 inseam will be the difficult part to find. You could always roll the bottom of them up a couple times though?

live in the UK and the only shop that I've found that does a shorter than 30 insesm (30 is 'short' mens trousers) is river island so I don't know if you have that over there. It may take a bit of sesrching online on forums and things to find shorter sizes.

A breakdown of men's jeans are:
    Skinny - fitted and hugs the legs all the way down
    Slim - slim down the entire leg
    Slim straight - I would assume it's slimmer on the thigh and then straight down the calf (which is the opposite of slim tapered which is slim down the thigh and then tapers into be fitted at the ankles)
    Straight - Is just generic straight trousers with no specific cut, they don't tend to look very good especially on younger guys, tends to be older guys that wears them
    Athletic fit - is for guys with muscle and big thighs, it's roomier in the thigh area and tapered more at the bottom

I'd say the fit you're looking for would either be slim or slim tapered. Hopefully wouldn't be figure hugging but would be slimmer nearer the ankles so should look better.

Nike007 and AlexJames like this.
  3. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Have you tried the boys section? They are bound to have something under that size.

AlexJames likes this.
  4. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi.

I'm looking up a few links right now for you.

This site has 32X26, but it is expensive: https://www.forthefit.com/product/jack-denim-jeans-short-deep-indigo/
    The GAP seems to have many selections. Their smallest inseam size though is 28: https://www.gap.com/browse/category...partmentId=75&sop=true#size=77-2:976&pageId=0
    Peter Manning is a company made for short men. Unfortunately, it is expensive: https://www.petermanningnyc.com/collections/by-size/?q[size]=32W+x+28L
    Zappos. They do offer 26, but it's like $1000 for the only pair in this size, so I looked at 28 and these are priced much more reasonably: https://www.zappos.com/men-jeans/CKvXARDI1wF6BPAE8ASCAQak2QWo2QXAAQLiAgQBAhgP.zso
    This is from Amazon, brand name of Wrangler. This I would say is the best price out of all. Again, it's 28L, not 26. https://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Aut...1040658&psd=1&keywords=men's+jeans&th=1&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Cla...1040658&psd=1&keywords=men's+jeans&th=1&psc=1

I can't tell you the fit, but it looks like Aberrance explained it well.

I hope these help.

AlexJames likes this.
  5. smee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Levi’s Market Street Store in San Francisco can make custom fit jeans, but again, they're pricey.

Levi’s Market Street Store
    815 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94102
    (415) 501-0100

Googling for online alterations, I was also seeing quotes of less than ten dollars for rehemming. I wouldn't have major alterations done online, but rehemming might not be too bad. This may be stating the obvious, but wash the jeans several times first to let them shrink. I think most companies are using preshrinked denim these days, but jeans can shrink an inch or two at the waistband, same for length.

AlexJames likes this.
  6. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m a 30x30 men’s, and I get all my (skinny or slim) jeans from Aeropostale, and they’re not super tight on the legs either I find.
    I’d suggest maybe trying the boys section if you can’t find anything your size in the men’s.

AlexJames likes this.