1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good fantasy books with lesbian characters?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ncb98, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Ncb98

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry if this has been asked before buuut I’m too lazy to go searching through archives.

I like fantasy or paranormal books but with lesbian main characters or lesbians in general. Preferably if there’s a lesbian romance in the book too.

If you can’t think of a fantasy book like that then I’m also open to sci fi or historical fiction.

2. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ash by Malinda Lo, and the prequel Huntress

3. Zade

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Ncb! I recommend the classic, Amazons of Aggar series by Chris Anne Wolfe. I've been re reading them for like 20 years! I have to say they hold up really well. You would never know they were written so long ago. Or you could try the Midnight Hunter series by L.L. Raand. Trigger warning though, lots of sexy times. So if you have issues with that you might want to look elsewhere. I myself thought it was done very well. Ok I admit it, kinda hot. 'nuff said.

4. Loves books

It all depends on your age. I have read all the books mentioned above but the only ones I really enjoyed out of them are the midnight hunters. But you would definitely need to be 18+ to read them. Erik Schubachs Urban Fairytails series is really good and he doesn't do descriptive sex scenes which makes a man writing lesbian fiction a little less weird. The bonus of reviewing little known writers on Amazon is that they will comment on your review. Catherine Friend writes historical fiction, I don't know how accurate it is but it's good. The plundered chronicles by Alex Westmore focus on a woman disguised as a man on the ship of Grace O Malley the Irish pirate queen who was a real person. Ali Spooner has two books in the hunter series, she's an amazing author. Tiopa Ki Lakota may not be accurate historically but well worth a read, It was a really great book.

5. Zade

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the heads up on Ali Spooner. Never heard of her before. She is now on my TBR list. Looks like I have some good reading ahead. But I am giving you a little bit of "stink eye" for not liking Chris Anne Wolfe!

6. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anything by Malindo Lo, she's seriously my favourite! Lumberjanes also has fantasy elements in it!

7. Zade

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Malindo Lo sounds very interesting. More books to add to my TBR pile! Thanks. I wanted to like Lumberjanes but just couldn't get into it. I do like Birch Planet though.

8. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I highly recommend Ash if you love queer fairytales and the Huntress Franchise if you love Asian-themed action-adventure with an awesome main lesbian couple!

Did you mean Bitch Planet, by chance?

9. Loves books

There are tons of great authors of lesbian fiction but good fantasy is hard to find. I'll read anything with romance between two women. Though books where one of them wasnt gay at the start of the book is common. I can't remember Ash or Huntress and I didn't reread them which meant I didn't like them. I liked Annabelle and I by Chis Anne Wolfe a sweet time travelling romance between two teenagers. I just didn't love the Amazons of Aggar. I know hundreds of more lesbian fantasy books but a lot of what I know is Vampires or werewolves or both. Bridget Essex wrote a lot of good non scary fantasy books. She's not the best ever but worth a read. Cate Culpepper is good with ghosts, she didn't get scary until river walker and windigo thrall.Barbara Ann Wright writes fantasy but I didn't read much by her. I do better with romance Robin Alexander is a fantastic romantic comedy writer and a lot of her books have a bit of fantasy thrown in. A magic spell here, a dead ancestor scaring the crap out of you there. She's one of my favourites.

#9 Loves books, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  10. Zade

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes 18Brianna I did mean Bitch Planet. My phone doesn't like that word apparently. I almost did it again.lol. Loves Books, I am also a huge fan of Robin. I've read the Knight series by Bridget or I believe she wrote them? They were ok but not great. I'm at work now but I sure wish I were at home with a glass of wine and a book in my lap! :sigh:

11. Loves books

Bridget doesn't just have the knight series. She has the Sullivan Vampires and several werewolf books also and even a guardian angel book. The knight books really wasn't her best work. Her work isn't fantastic but it's cheap and good enough for the money. If you like female warriors, the When Women Were Warriors trilogy is good and the first one is free on kindle.

12. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just ordered "The Exile and the Sorcerer". It's the first book of the Lyremouth Chronicles by Jane Fletcher, which is a fantasy series with a lesbian main couple. I've heard positive things so I'll report back if it's any good.

13. BiBarefeet

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds quite erotic actually :slight_smile:

14. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know! I couldn't resist buying it to give it a shot. It's hard to find lesbian fantasy. One of these days I make have to write my own.

15. BiBarefeet

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, oh please do! Being bi, I still appreciate women, and the idea of two beautiful women getting it on has been a fantasy of mine like forever - since I started having an interest in women. So lesbian erotica long predates gay erotica as a sexual arousal method in my life lol

16. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh and this is technically not a lesbian fantasy book, but "Winterspell" by Claire Legrand, is a twist on the nutcracker fairy tale where the queen of the fantasy realm is a lesbian and falls in unrequited love with a possibly bisexual Clara.

17. BiBarefeet

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Unreal. Love it...amazing that I love gay and lesbian stuff and yet straight stuff? Yawn...

18. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's cool! I actually started out the opposite. I absolutely love any type of m/m fic. Reading about two MEN together is one of my greatest fantasies.

19. BiBarefeet

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Now why couldn't I meet a girl like you all them years ago??? :slight_smile:
    What great things these could be to share with your partner (if an opposite sex partner is chosen).

20. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol. Ikr? My dream guy is a bisexual man. I just don't think a straight guy will ever really fully do it for me. But I've never met one in real life and sadly I get the impression they are kind of rare. :frowning2: