1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attending an All-Girls School While Liking Girls

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by WillowVal, Apr 18, 2018.

1. WillowVal

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Recently, I semi-came out. I’d read out a poem I’d made to my class which implied I was bisexual. While no one complained or barely spoke of it to my face, I’ve had people say behind my back they would hate to be in the same room as me. It’s scary, really.
    I’ll be attending a new school next year, which will save me the pain of having to deal with the kids. It’s an All-Girls school, and another girl I know is going. I’m scared she’ll spread the word. I’m scared they’ll be disgusted and this I’m some sort of prostitute for liking both genders. And I’m completely terrified of having no one at that school. Any advice or comfort would be extremely welcome.

Blue Nails likes this.
  2. Blue Nails

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Willow! :slight_smile: I think it's extremely brave of you to write and read out your own poem to your class! As for the girl who is going to the all-girl's school with you, how close are you to her? Maybe you can be upfront with her and let her know that you don't feel comfortable with her spreading around your sexuality and to not talk about it.
    I'm really sorry that you're going through this though and I genuinely hope that it gets better for you- but who knows, maybe your new school will be more LGBT friendly than your current school! You might even make a few queer friends at your new school- maybe even a girlfriend. Wishing you all the best <3

3. WillowVal

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Blue! Thanks for replying, is it appreciated. The girl and I know each other through a close friend of ours. We talk and have nothing against each other, but it’s not a relationship where I can be so open. Heck, I barely know the first thing about her. However, I will be trying your advice. Thank you for everything! You have no idea how much it means to me. Hope you have a good rest of your day!

Blue Nails likes this.
  4. Blue Nails

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really glad I could help :slight_smile: Tell me how it goes! Good luck with everything and I hope you have really nice day as well <3

5. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel so bad for people who are at schools that are not accepting. Where I go now we have pride sticker on the classroom windows and we can openly take anyone to dances without being afraid of people harassing us or saying bad things behind our back. There are still some groups that are pretty homophobic and the freshman class are always rude but they learn how the older cooler kids expect them to act pretty quickly. It's honestly strange seeing social pressure work to the positive side of LGBT rights. People still say things like "that's gay" but they never mean anything impolite by it - it is just a social habit.

#5 Humbly Me, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    18breanna likes this.
  6. Loves books

I went to a Catholic all girls school. I hated it. Calling someone a Lesbian was the biggest insult you could give someone. There was a scandal when one girl kissed another one at a disco. An exchange student asked a retreat team who came to our school why was being gay so wrong in the Catholic religion and everyone started saying she was gay. It was not the environment you could come out in. I invented a fake boyfriend who lived in a different county. I pretended to like all the boys the other girls liked and kept my head down. If the other girl tells anyone you could just deny it. And if the poem only implied you were bisexual you could say she misinterpreted it. Or she might not care and have forgotten about it already.

18breanna likes this.