1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this part of the process?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by rokara, Apr 6, 2018.

1. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’ve come to accept that I’m transgender and that I, in all honesty, should get to transitioning ASAP. Thing is, I’ve been having some pretty intense feelings of anger whenever I allow myself to start to daydream about living full-time as a woman. Been happening for a couple months now.

I do plan on talking about this with my counselor in a couple weeks, but I’m curious if anyone else experienced this before, or even during, their transition and if this was a normal part of the process. These feelings kinda scare me and are making me pause and go “hold on a minute” and I have to calm myself down.

Is this normal?

2. MrLesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    “I’ve been having some pretty intense feelings of anger whenever I allow myself to start to daydream about living full-time as a woman.”
    What are those feelings of anger related to?

3. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Necroing this as I haven't been on in a while because of life.

Anyways, I've noticed that I'm generally happy when I do let myself daydream like that. However, it seems like my anger arises either when my wife is present in something I'm daydreaming about or, as of recently, physically present. There's probably a corellation that I am missing because it has been pointed out to me that I act like a completely different person when she's around.

Still confusing as fuck becuase I should be happy/excited about the prospect of being out as myself full-time is within my future, not pissed off at the world even if a person is the trigger for those feelings. Been pretty frustrating going from being happy in the mornings, to pissed off around lunchtime, then slowly coming down over the rest of the day and being fine by the time I go to bed. Weekends are hell too becuase I don't really get a chance to have the anger subside a whole lot (she has off of work sundays/mondays).

=/

Mihael likes this.