1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MUSICALS

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Metalicize, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Metalicize

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (You can talk about whatever musicals you want in this thread but I'm just gonna start of with something DEH related)

Dude I have read so much DEH fanfiction and for sOmE ReASoN the author always decides to make Jared an asshole???
    Like, I get that he teases Evan in the musical but he doesn't bEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM AND BULLY HIM RUTHLESSLY
    I mean cOMe ON! Couldn't you use someone whose ACTUALLY A BULLY instead of just picking on Jared???
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    JARED KLEINMAN IS PRECIOUS AND I SWEAR IF I READ ONE MORE FANFICTION WHERE JARED IS THE BULLY I'M GONNA BLOW A GASKET
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. AndyB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love the movie Caberet. Just something about it draws me in every time.

3. Metalicize

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Unfortunately I haven't seen Cabaret yet, but my sister in-law saw it live and recommended that I watch it sometime. I plan on seeing it sometime soon, though!

4. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love the musical The Book Of Mormon. The song in the musical "Turn it off" that talks about being gay as sinful and claims you can get rid of get rid of gay feelings by picturing a light switch in your head and flicking it off doesn't offend me even though I'm bi. I understand they're just trying to be humorous.

5. Create

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really like Heathers, and totally ship Veronica and Chandler. Also, I am complete Hamilton trash. And I like Wicked, and The Count of Monte Cristo, and Phantom of the Opera, and Sweeney Todd. I like showtunes.

6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Musicals have been a big part of my life. I love acting (that's how I hid my sexuality for years) and I was a Vocal Music Major at University. I've played the lead in: "Man of La Mancha" 2 times, "The King and I" 3 times, "The Music Man" 2 times, "South Pacific" 3 times, but one of those was a 3 month touring show with 36 performances, "Camelot" 2 times, "Oklahoma" 2 times, "Brigadoon", "Carousel", & "Oliver". I've also been in a lot of non-musical plays. I love the theatre!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

7. 21zephyr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’m not really into musicals/theatre... however, I have been fortunate to see Jersey Boys, Wicked, les Miserables and Miss Saigon. My sister took me to these, and they were awesome!!!! Wish I could act or do theater, but I cannot. I appreciate people who have this talent.

Bravo, Quebec!!!

8. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hamilton is life. I've listened to it more than any musical, more than most albums period really. In the Heights is super good as well, and Moana. Everything Lin touches turns to gold.

9. Metalicize

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is the truest statement that I've ever read.

You are a blessing

Agh, I wish I had a sister like yours! I've been wanting to see Les Miserables for so long!
    I'm sure you could do theatre if you really put your mind to it! All that it takes is a little determination!

I'm glad that you got the opportunity to see all of those performances!

hh, I know that feeling.

Oh my gosh! That's so cool!! I've been in a ton of elementary school plays, but not because I wanted to ^^"... Since my elementary school was so small, whenever the Christmas play rolled around EVERYONE had to be in it. Sometimes there would be a role that I really liked and so I would try for it...but unfortunately, I was never able to get the part that I wanted..

I had always been forced into parts that I didn't want because I was able to do a (semi-decent) impression of a southern accent. And since the director of all the plays was from Texas, all of the Christmas plays were based in some sort southern-y environment, and (according to her) I was p e r f e c t for the lead role.

I might've been able to enjoy the plays (despite not getting the role that I wanted) if it weren't for the fact that EVERY PLAY WAS THE S A M E. Every single year it was about the story of the birth of baby Jesus, just different variations of it...

Aaanywaay, I'm glad that you've had good acting experiences! It's so cool that you've gotten so many opportunities!

I love Heathers!
    I've never thought of that ship before, is it popular?

You have great taste! Sweeney Todd is one of my favorites!

Ooh! I recently finished listening to BOM! It's a new favorite of mine! Turn it Off is such a funny song! I love how the whole Musical just basically makes fun of religion! It's hilarious!

Thank you for all of your replies! It was fun reading and responding to all of them!!

:heart:
    -Con

10. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd like to comment some more about acting and being on stage. I was an extremmmmly shy guy through high school and somewhat the same in college. I was in my first college production, a very small part, because I had a friend who pushed me into it. What I discovered when I was on stage completely changed me. Suddenly, I wasn't the shy "me" anymore....I was someone else and I could be totally different! It was amazing and from that moment on I was "hooked" on theatre. I changed almost over night as I realized that I could put on my "theatrical mask" even when I wasn't on stage. In later years when I told people that I was once so shy that I could not even talk to people...they didn't believe me! That change allowed me to eventually perform in front of over 50,000 people at one time. HOWEVER, and it's a big however, that also meant that I learned how to put on the "mask" of a straight man and hid my sexuality from the world, and from myself for 42 years. That was a terrible error....but it was 1972 and I didn't think I had any other option. I still love theatre and am still on stage once or twice a year...but now I understand when to take off the "mask"!
    ....David :gay_pride_flag:

11. Create

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    TRUUUU!!!

12. Create

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The Veronica and Chandler ship is pretty popular. I just really like how their personalities mesh in a relationship.

13. Lisboa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love Hamilton it's soooooo..... don't even have words