1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Noah Lee, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Noah Lee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been trying to bind just to feel a more masculine and my binder doesn't make me nearly flat enough. I go from a DDD to like a C or D. I know I shouldnt bind with ace bandages, but is it bad to do it over my binder? After putting my binder on and then wrapping an ace bandage over it I can go to an A or B. It's constricting but honestly it just makes me feel so much better.

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ace bandages can potentially break ribs. They're made so that if you take a bteathe, when you exhale it gets tighter and restricts your breathing. They're not made to allow any movement or give whereas properly made binders are and even then no kind of binding is 100% safe, that's why there's an '8 hours only' warning on binders no matter how well they're made or how expensive they are.

What brand are you using?

3. Noah Lee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I use an underworks binder but ive been putting the ace bandage over top of it. But if its dangerous even on top of the binder then I wont do it.

4. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Which underworks binder? Tri-top or full length? Have you considered gc2b? I've heard that bigger chested guys have a better time with GC2B, it supposedly flattens better and is more comfortable. If not then the full length of any brand would be better as it flattens your whole torso so evens it out a little more.

It definitely is dangerous. Just the material of the bandages, it's not meant to be wrapped around your ribs, it's completely restrictive. I 100% understand your frustration and stress about not being flat. Do you layer your clothes? Wearing a t-shirt underneath an open shirt will give a much flatter appearance.

5. Noah Lee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have the tri-top. I haven't looked at gc2b but I will see about maybe getting a full length from them. Thank you. Yeah I layer clothes and tend to wear a lot of big sweatshirts over t-shirts as well.