1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does it feel like to be in a relationship

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DinoArtist, Apr 13, 2018.

1. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm just feeling extremely lonely. What does it feel like to have a significant other in your life? I just want to know. To have someone to talk to or just hang out? How does it feel to be close to someone? What does it feel like to be intimate with someone? I'm just curious is all.

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the first couple weeks it's just cool having someone to talk to and spend time with but it doesn't feel that different than a good friendship. Then it all completely changes when you become close to them and open up to each other. You start to see each other differently - you care about how they feel and can tell when they feel bad, and you just want to make them feel better again when it happens.

The best way I can describe what the closeness feels like is warmth. When you're with them you get this warm feeling in your chest and stomach, and the more intimate the moment is the warmer and more intense it feels. They can take away your stress just by holding you for a little while and making that warmth wash over you.

You start to become in-tune with each other too somehow, and after a while it's like you can communicate without even saying anything (which I heard is caused by getting used to their body language and subconsciously recognizing what their body language is saying). For example my boyfriend can tell when I want to cuddle without either of us saying anything - we just kind of look at each other and then silently change into the cuddle position.

It feels safe knowing there's someone who will be there for you too, and that you can always rely on that person no matter how bad things get.

#2 Destin, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  3. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. That seems hard actually. I've never been that close to anyone. I never even cuddled before. My own dog won't even let me cuddle her. Lol

4. no reality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    that made me cry :crying_cat_face:

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's like having a best friend that you also make out with and do sexual stuff with. I feel like it's easier to have things in common and "click" when your both guys too.

The first little bit you get the butterflies when youre with them, but after awhile I'd say it's more of a sense of ease, nothing like chilling after a busy day and complain to each other.

Then I'm probably starting to merge "being in a relationship" with "what's it feel like to be in love". But random things trigger memories of things you've done together or makes you miss them. You feel bad when they feel bad or something shitty happens to them. You genuinely feel happy when good things happen to them. Etcccc

#5 HM03, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  6. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally regret posting this thread