1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My boyfriend lied about being gay

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jacob0099, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Jacob0099

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I have been dating this guy from school for the past few months and i thought things were going well, but the thing is that recently he has been pulling away. I asked him about this and he told me that he's not gay, and the only reason that he'd actually started to date me was to make me straight. The thing is that we did everything normal bf's do, so is he actually straight or did he just lie about being straight to break up with me.
    Quote from our last text:
    I hate the gay in people but not the people in gay people Because gay is a demon if you didn’t know I don’t hate them but I would rather have them straight because then they’re happier and can find god.

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's lying about being straight. No straight person is going to get into a gay relationship to turn the other person straight - that's possibly the most ridiculous excuse for a breakup I've ever heard. I mean really - how could a gay relationship possibly turn someone straight, it makes no sense.

This guy sounds like he's just really, reeeeeally deep in denial about his feelings probably for religious reasons based on that quote.

#2 Destin, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  3. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    His excuse was really very lame.. I couldnt blame him though for trying to get out of the relationship and say what he said. I understand him. It's hard to be gay, most specially if you value religion so much.

4. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with Destin. He sounds like he is closeted and probably has a lot of internalized homophobia, and is using religion as an excuse.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agree with all of the above. BothWaysSecret pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

6. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know what I’ll do. I’ll make out with a bunch of guys to make them straight. I’m sure that will work. It may take me awhile but I’ll eventually get to all the gay guys. Just wait for me

7. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In no universe does that make sense.... He’s not straight. And he might even really like you. But if he has a religious family, it all will feel wrong to him. I was homophobic, and disgusted with myself when I realized I was gay.

Sounds to me like he’s feeling like being in a gay relationship is wrong and is now making excuses.

8. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry man. Maybe he was poisoned by someone who is close to him when they found out he likes guys. I would tell him that you can't be changed and if he doesn't want to be with you then fine. How old are you guys by the way?

Guywest79 likes this.
  9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That... makes no sense. I do wonder if he was always religious, or recently "found God"? Its hard not to feel bad for people like this, and I hope he can find peace with himself one day.