1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone seen "Love, Simon" yet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joe2001, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's out in UK cinemas!!!!! :slight_smile:

Ironically, it has turned out to be more popular than expected, and my sister is seeing it with her friends tonight.
    Me, on the other hand - I have no friends and can't go alone, so I guess that I won't get to see it. :frowning2:

2. ReadyFreddy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw Love, Simon yesterday and really enjoyed it. Cried several times. The end of the film was great.

3. Chibi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I saw it with my girlfriend and we cried so hard!

4. Metalicize

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes! I went to see it with a group of (LGBTQ+) friends and we decided that all of us would come wearing something with rainbow colors on it. It was such a great experience and I definitely recommend watching it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet!

:heart:
    -Con

5. Metalicize

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Agh! I'm sorry that you don't have anyone to see it with! This probably doesn't help much, but I would totally go with you if I knew you personally!

Maybe you can look for it online..?
    Though, it would probably be better if you saw it in theaters...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it whenever you get the chance to see it. It's a wonderful movie.

:heart:
    -Con

6. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have seen it!
    Went to see it on Friday. It was incredible. It was everything that I wanted it to be. The only thing that disappointed me was that I felt it was too short. There were aspects of the book which weren't included in the movie. I suppose I loved it so much that it flew in.

I really related to Simon himself. They could have given him a bit more character, but knowing the storyline itself, I think that Nick Robinson did a great job with this character. I related to Simon a lot, with a dad who keeps making off-color comments about gay people, a loving mother and irritating younger sister. His journey in the closet was similar to mine and I see some of myself in him. Keiynan Lonsdale did a great job with the character of Bram. We saw a lot more of Bram in the movie than in the book, and I think that made it a bit more obvious that he was Blue, rather than it being a surprise. I really related to him on the ferris wheel as he implied that he had self-esteem issues. I detested the character of Martin Addison, but who didn't? The scene where Simon's mother told him to "exhale" almost made me cry. Really emotionally powerful. Same for the scene with his father, and seeing him feel guilt made me happy as it does teach that making gay jokes is not OK. The "#######" comment was hilarious. I felt terrible for Simon when his friends got angry at him, as whilst throwing them under the bus was wrong, they didn't seem to understand that he was being blackmailed and was in a no-win situation. The character of Ethan irritated me a lot. I am sometimes a bit feminine myself, but he was really a gal in a guy's body. No more to be said. Cal was really cute. I almost cried at the final scene on the ferris wheel and at the end of the movie. Really moving and hope to have that happy ending myself.

In the spoiler tag are my thoughts on the movie as a whole and some of the key scenes which spring to mind. Feel free to discuss them more in reply.

#46 Joe2001, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  7. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just saw it last week! I know, its late. They premiered it here in the Philippines late. Though I think it a very light and funny movie. What I love the most about it is <Nick Robinson and his steamy hot presence> is that it mirrors to what happened when I came out to my parents. And I just cried a lot because it brings me to that special moments I had when I came out to them and they accepted me. I love this movie <not to mention Nick's topless scene OMG>

8. Zilean19

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It was the best gay movie I've watched

9. PanPride

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have seen it and thought it was amazing! It made me cry three times. After seeing it, I even considered coming out to my mom, who I was sure I was never going to tell. 11/10

10. Guywest79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very good movie

11. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw it at the cinema fairly recently with a couple of friends. One gay guy, and another whom is straight. It's kind of funny because my friend who is straight has a homophobic father who has told him to never interact with homosexuals, yet there he was watching a gay movie with a lesbian (me) and a gay guy (my other friend).
    His dad definitely wouldn't be impressed with him if he knew. :laughing: In fact, he'd probably be absolutely horrified.

#51 Canterpiece, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  12. kkou

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anyone know where to watch it online? It's been banned in cinemas where I live
    :cry::cry: