1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the percentage of people you feel sexually attracted to?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Pinto, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Pinto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Can you please explain the percentage of people (of each gender) you feel attracted to and also
    your sexual orientation?
    Can you please also mention if the percentage varies during your life?

For my case, the percentage of male and female who I feel sexually attracted to is very low.
    and it is very different when I know the people or not.

For the random people in the street, the percentage of both genders are 1 to 2 percent.
    For the community that I know, the percentage of male side is 3%-11% (but on average 8%).
    For the female side, it is from 5%-15% (on average around 8%).
    But, The number of people who I think I had the capacity to love them and remember them after several years, are less than 10 people (I am 33 years old!).
    To find the above mentioned values, I considered different groups of people I knew during different years of my life.

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's an interesting question. I guess by being attracted to we would be talking about more than simply recognizing that someone is attractive, but some sort of even passing desire to do something about it or at least the feeling that their attractiveness is somehow relevant.

Women are easy. I would put that figure at zero. Haven't felt that way about a woman in 25 years--although I did when I was quite young.

Random people on the street I would put at less than one percent.
    Random men maybe one percent.
    Gay men probably about 3-4%.
    The numbers probably double for people I actually know.

Let's see, the numbers were probably higher when I was younger--across the board. Of course I've been off the market for 20 years so that also might have something to do with it.

The whole "people who I think I had the capacity to love them and remember them after several years" figure is quite a bit higher for me. If I take the unavailable thing out of the equation, i.e. in a different life could we have been that way, I would say there are actually quite a lot of those.

Oh, and I'm 46 and gay.

Pinto likes this.
  3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm gay, so sexual attraction to women = 0%

Moving onto men... I think I need to know someone pretty well to feel sexually attracted to them. Don't get me wrong I notice lots of guys in the street/wider community when I'm out and about, but that's only window shopping and doesn't count. :smiley:

In reality, I'm only sexually attracted to one man these days... he's better known as my husband! (Just to clarify and in case he's reading)

4. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm married, not dead! Obviously I don't act on any of it but I still feel it. Lest anyone feel too bad for my husband his numbers were pretty similar to mine.

Pinto likes this.
  5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With both genders it would be 0% men, 100% women.

On the other hand, with sexual attraction in GENERAL, it's closer to 0% men, 10% women, and 90% not interested in anybody. I have a low sex drive and rarely notice attractive people anymore, or care.

With random people it is less than 1% of strangers. Not a lot. Maybe 10% of acquaintances. People I know well tend to be a much higher percentage since I have been attracted to pretty much every female friend I ever had. Only time I am not attracted to people I know well is when they are relatives or minors.

Oh, I had more sexual attraction when I was a teenager. I am in my late 20's now.

#5 Creativemind, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Pinto likes this.
  6. signmypapyrus

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm, this is interesting and something I've been thinking about.

I'm very rarely sexually attracted to someone, which actually drives me nuts. It takes me a long time to be attracted to someone and even then they can do something and I will no longer be attracted to them. Or, to explain it a bit clearer, I was deeply attracted to someone and she said no (a very clear cut and dry "no") and I no longer felt attracted to her because she no longer reciprocated. If it's less clear, it's a bit harder, but I do tend to eventually move on.

I should also note I can't do math, so...!

With men, I would say probably 5-10%. I do find some men sexually attractive, but then they say something or harass me and that annoys me. I am in no way emotionally attracted to men.

Women, probably 15-20%. I'm definitely more emotionally attracted to women and once I'm emotionally and intellectually attracted to a woman, then I'm sexually attracted to her. That's less so with a man, if that makes sense.

I've never had a high sex drive. I joke I'm married to my dissertation, which isn't a lie, sadly.

Pinto likes this.
  7. 21zephyr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I’m 52 and gay; just recently out.

I am attracted to about 10% to 20% of females, but I have no desire to be with them because I’m 100% gay. It doesn’t mean I cannot look at them and feel they are attractive. I have always enjoyed the natural beauty of a nice looking female.

Looking at all men, I would say I was attracted to 20+% of men. I don’t know any gay men so unfortunately I don’t have any experience. However, when looking at guys, I find a large percentage of them attractive. I am mostly attracted to shy people... they have an innocence about them. Even though looks are nice, I am most attracted to a person’s personality. A kind, funny man is #1 with me.

My percentage is high, guess that makes me look desperate, but in reality I generally enjoy people.

Pinto likes this.
  8. Sonata

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tricky question, but interesting
    I have never felt attracted to random people in the street, not even to movie stars or celeberetias. First l should get some idea of their personality before l get attracted to them. Although my idea might be totally delusional, it takes time before l make it in my mind. Also l don't feel sexually attracted to anybody unless l am madly in love with them. So l can easily count and recall all those people l have felt attarcted to. It has all happened in school or at work. Among them 0.1% have been men and 99.9% have been women. Do l still meet the criteria to be called a lesbian? ;-)

#8 Sonata, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    Bicchi and Pinto like this.
  9. Pinto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thank you very much guys for your responses.
    I hope to see more responses, even from the straight people!
    I heard from a guy that most of the straight men find photos of almost 75% of the women attractive on the dating sites!
    If it is right, then for the real world this percentage should be much higher (even for random people).
    He said the photos of about 20% of the men on the dating sites are attractive to the women visiting those sites!
    Do you guys think this is right or have you seen any study related to this?
    For me: The percentage of female profiles which attract my attention is very low on the dating sites,especially if the photos only have faces of the girls.
    Men's photos (faces) attract my attention a little bit more than those of women.
    I realized that on both sides, there are very few types of faces that seem to be attractive to me.

10. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My partner and I always talk about who we find attractive etc. Its fun :slight_smile:
    Although, that might be partly because we arent strictly monogamous.

11. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL--my husband just came home and said "I kept track of that thing you asked me the other day--there were three!" I wasn't sure what the hell he was talking about. It was this thread!:smiley:

Pinto likes this.
  12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If my partner and I spot a good-looking guy, we don`t even mention it to each other, we both know that the other saw him, and we`ll either say, "oh yeah, definitely a 10" or "what are the odds" (that he's gay)...we have exactly the same taste in guys...very weird.

13. no reality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't have a large enough sample to really gauge the percentages of my attraction but i'd say i'm attracted to about 60% of females and 20-30% of males. Kind of like OP said I may be sexually attracted to a variety of people but there are very few people that I have actually loved or can be able to love, that list has been less than 5 so far.

Pinto likes this.
  14. Pinto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thanks everybody for the responses.
    It seems there is a big difference between getting attracted to someone and love.
    Also, I think there are some people that I think they are handsome/beautiful but I do not feel sexually attracted to them.

15. 21zephyr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Today at the store, I made eye contact with a guy and he said hi. Then I met him in another aisle and he smiled at me and said hello again. I though we had made a connection... then I saw him again in the checkout unloading diapers from his cart and talking to a lady I assume was his wife/girlfriend. Sad. I was attracted to him, and maybe it was just in my mind that he was connecting with me, guess I’m just desperate.

Pinto likes this.
  16. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’d say about 80% with women and maybe 30% with men. I may be bi but I much prefer the female form. Nothing beats a sexy butt

Pinto likes this.
  17. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interested thread here. I am now 100% gay in a relationship. When I do notice other men which is about 20% if the time, it tends to be more feminine men which I find extremely attractive. My bf falls into this category and obviously I notice that first. 0% of the super masculine gay types. As far as noticing women, I did at first but as time went on just faded. That is not to say I don’t think they attractive, or see the innate beauty in them. I just have 0 interest in having anything to do with them.

Pinto likes this.
  18. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Me....
    Attracted to woman 3-5%, and I am able to have sex with them with a very special woman, very limited.
    I don't know what woman types I like, I never know but I enjoy she follows my control, she must be stupid woman.

I most attracted to man 90-95% but not for young man except he has high sex appeal and hairy. I know what type of man I like because they are my inspiration. LOL.
    All mature man I like, except chubby guy, smooth and very thin guy.
    I like hairy, slim, tall enough (don't like very tall but also I don't like short guy because I'm a short guy), bald, sweet, handsome, warm, down to earth, smart guy. Beefy and muscle are including except body builder with very terrible muscles, I don't like, it makes me scared. Caucasian older man is my favorite like Alex Baldwin, and a very sweet Matthew Broderick. Owhh...they are make me high. But all of these, for have fun.
    I do everything for my man who click mentally, phisycally, emotionally, vice versa, flip sex even anal sex that I seldom do it. One thing throughout my life is I only have one dream to dedicate my life to the man I love. I'm waiting for it.....

#18 Sundara, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  19. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Cont'd.
    Now I have a new favorite guy, Elon Musk. Guy like Elon Musk who handsome and smart makes my gay percentage rise to 100%.
    He is amazing guy and I wish he were a gay.

20. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nothing happen?
    I was in the suburbs of Boston in early 2016. I entered to a store, and I saw a man there. I thought he is Spanish with a little bit big belly and in the middle age. When the first time I saw him, I don't know why my heart beating so fast and my knees were shaking when we made eyes contacts.

I avoid him, choose another aisle and focus on my stuffs I should buy. But he followed me and he also looked at stuff that I need in aisle. So we were in the same place but I really didn't understand what he wanted to do. Then I moved to another aisle, amazing he followed me and pull out my hand and he said follow me.
    He went to rest room and I don't know I followed him, I like in his control. He finished "all" in only five minutes in the rest room, he was in the high libido and cum early while suck my c**k.
    I didn't do anything but he did. That is a very short sex story in my life. He left me without words. Suck!!!

#20 Sundara, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018