1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning again.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by KartoffelWal, Mar 30, 2018.

1. KartoffelWal

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have identified as a trans boy for the past year or so. But recently, I have been having second thoughts.
    Basically, I feel that I wouldn't really mind being read as either a guy or girl, but sometimes I would rather be seen as a guy rather than a girl. When I imagine myself as being older, sometimes I think of myself to be a girl or a boy. I'm kind of in the middle, but other times I'm not. I've been looking at the terms genderfluid or androgyne. I kind of feel like those terms don't quite fit me. Anyone else know anything that might match me? Thanks.

2. SomecallhimTim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bigender maybe.

3. KayNB

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went through similar, but with a longer timeline of being binary-trans in my mind before finding a non-binary identity. One of the things I've forced myself to do, and technically although I am getting close to picking out labels I am still in the process of... is making myself sit on "questioning" for a while. Sometimes, especially 10-20 years ago, there was such a premium on knowing and celebrating who you are that being questioning was almost taboo. But it's OK to do! Now a days there is so much intradiversity (home made word) within gender and sexuality that it's not entirely unreasonable to say "I am certain that I am something, but I haven't picked out the perfect description yet"... So you could go with that label for a while and then just try things on here and there until something feels right.

For me, I am starting to settle on "demifluid"... but there is still a whole line of explanation that I have to give after that so I am not for sure adopting it. Until in finalize something I just tell muggles that I am "genderqueer, or non-binary" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#3 KayNB, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    NoName87 and KartoffelWal like this.
  4. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me, I have realized just recently that my gender expression and identity don't match. I originally thought that I was androgyne and had an androgynous expression, but the more I think about it and the more I look at myself, I realize that I am still androgyne, but have a masculine expression. I personally feel like half male, half female, or like 60% male, 40% female. But I would like to appear as a male, but my identity isn't male. I hope you understand what I am saying.

I am just saying this because it might be something like this for you. Gender expression doesn't equal gender identity, and it seems like even know I have known this for a long time, my brain didn't catch up, and am finally now realizing that I would really like to be seen as a male (have a masculine expression).

I hope you figure out what fits best for you.

patchwork likes this.