1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SC12, Mar 31, 2018.

1. SC12

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lame thread title, I know but it's all I've got! ☺️

I'm a 27 year old woman and apparently I'm bisexual. I literally 'found out' last month. That's a weird way to describe it but that's how it feels. It pretty much came out of the blue with no trigger, as far as I can see.

I guess I'm just feeling pretty confused. Not about my sexuality but how I was so unaware. I've spent a long time wondering if I've been missing/suppressing signs but I know I haven't. It's just never been there until now.

I've told a few people, close friends and my brother, and they've been great.

I suppose I'm here to talk to people who get what I'm going through. So, hi!

2. xxCarsonxx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! I’m pansexual. It was pretty weird for me when I realised too. I never thought I wasn’t straight. Then I liked a girl (I’m biologically female). And my confusion continued from there... until I finally figured it out. XD

3. Mali Mali

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome :slight_smile:

I'm a lesbian and it took me until the beginning of my twenties until I truly realized (even though I kind of had a relationship with a girl/woman as a teenager - but I thought it was just because I was too shy/nervous to date a guy ). When I came out to myself I felt so silly for not realizing sooner. Sometimes we just don't see what we're not ready to see.

I know the feeling of having felt so unaware and then suddenly have it dawn on you. I try just to be happy it happened eventually :slight_smile:

4. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome! Like you, I didn't realize until my twenties. Mine sprung up on me as well, however there were definitely signs looking back.

5. SC12

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you. It helps to hear from others that have been through the same confusion