1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV/Film Series relating to being gay make me feel weird?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Roulette, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Roulette

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey.

I'm 16 years old and gay and I'm out to everyone.

I'm just wondering, I can't watch things to do with being gay on tv or films to do with it, not because I hate the fact im gay or anything, it just makes me feel weird, I just can't, is this abnormal?

2. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know, but if it is, we both are, because being bisexual, I don't really feel showrunners and movie makers actually get me, making male characters more often than not straight, and that's fine because my interest in men is only sexual in nature, thus I can't really see myself romantically involved with another guy unless he's really super special to me, but increasing gay male representation isn't accurately representing me, either, especially if the flamboyance, sassiness, and musicals stereotypes are brought into play. How, then, is a guy like me to respond to the increase of LGBT inclusion in movies and television when they're hardly trying to adequately include and represent bisexual males like myself without falling back on stereotypes? I answer my own question, I watch whatever I feel like watching, and if it makes me feel weird, then I don't watch it.

MzMrAlexa likes this.
  3. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Ditto here... Perhaps it's not because of what they are showing, but the phony Hollywood way that they show it 99% of the time. The one movie I did see that I did appreciate was called "The Danish Girl" about one an MTF Transgender. That one hit way too close to home!