1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Culture?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by VenomTail, Mar 30, 2018.

1. VenomTail

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I didn't really know how to describe this or where to put it. And sorry it it's offensive or not allowed.

I'm all about people liking who they like and that's great and all.

But is anyone else repulsed by straight culture?

I can't even deal with hearing guys talk about women or women they find attractive, it makes me feel sick and Disgusting.

Which kind of makes sense seeing as I'm a gay male.

I don't know if it's the fact they're straight or if it's the kind of demeaning talk they use, but I can't even think about theoretically being with a woman without feeling sick.

But then it also makes me think that maybe that's how they feel about me?
    Maybe that's why they bully and avoid Gay Guys?

So maybe when straight people avoid me I shouldn't judge cause maybe they feel the same as I feel about them?

Honestly, I don't avoid straight people, and i don't really care.
    But when they're talking about girls and making jokes and things. Just. Sick feelings.

Anyone relate?

2. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always found it amusing when my older brother makes quips about women he fancies - it's not what he says, but the way he says it that makes the comments so hilarious. And it's kind of rubbed off on me and how I talk about men I fancy. So when I'm at work I'll make a very crude comment about a handsome man walking past and my colleagues piss themselves laughing. We have this very dry sense of humor in my family that throws people off, and the people we know well know that we aren't saying those things to be nasty and disgusting, we're kind of stating the obvious in a lighthearted manner, so that it comes across as innocent rather than disgusting.

But when I was growing up and heard other boys my age group discussing women they fancy, I found it boring. It was all "hormones hormones hormones oh we've only just discovered tits and vaginas" It's the whole objectification of a woman's body thing. My brother and I aren't like that, we make objectifying comments about the people we fancy, but we do it with a cheeky smile and an almost sarcastic tone to our voice. We make vulgar comments without sounding vulgar. Not everyone can pull that off.

3. VenomTail

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a feeling I pharased what I meant completely wrong

4. Mali Mali

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always felt weird about straight people making out, holding hands, etc. and the way that straight men and women objectify each other. Coming out has made it feel even weirder/more uncomfortable for me.

I think I'm just so fed up with straight being the norm.