1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can’t catch a break...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 21zephyr, Mar 30, 2018.

1. 21zephyr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you ever feel like you have extremely bad luck? I know some of you will respond that you create your own luck, and that may be true, but man I feel like I’m always getting kicked in the balls.

I was heading to Boston today to visit a family friend who attends Harvard. I left at 3 AM for the airport because I live in the sticks, and of course we are having a winter storm!!!! I end up in the ditch less than an hour into the trip and by time I’m pulled out there is no way for me to get to the airport—- at the speed I was traveling it would have taken me 7 hours to get there!!! I had to cancel the trip because I cannot make it to the airport.

It’s not the money I am out... even though the chance of getting a refund is like touching your elbow to your nose, it’s the fact I needed this trip at this point of my life. We had planned to relax and he was going to take me to my first gay bar. Just being partly out, I was looking forward to taking this first huge step. I’m shy and it would have been a big deal for me, second only to coming out in the first place.

It’s tough not to think some higher power is sabotaging my life... I realize this isn’t true, but my luck is extremely depressing. I’m 52, out 6 months and all I want is to have an in-person conversation with another gay male. My expectations are lower than Trump’s approval, but I feel like it is never going to happen. Well, thanks for listening, you guys are my gay support team.

2. VenomTail

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really know how to respond so I'll just leave a little bundle of hugs here *Hugs*

3. 21zephyr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, thanks! I am sorry to hear you are leaving. I understand your feelings, but I’ve also enjoyed reading your posts. Hope you reconsider, but regardless- thanks!!!

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Will it be possible to re-arrange at a later date - maybe when the weather is in your favour? I know it must be hard if you've built yourself up to the trip and going out, but don't be too despondent. What makes you feel you are always getting kicked in the balls... have you had a lot of setbacks?

5. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The weather seems to have been crazy all over the place these last couple of months. I'm just glad I didn't book any holidays or major days out. I do have days when I think "I should have made plans", but in this case, I'm lucky I didn't make any plans. It would have been a huge blow to my confidence if I had given myself something to look forward to, then had to cancel at the last minute due to bad weather. But at least you made the attempt. Time for a plan B?

6. 21zephyr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have had a few bad breaks.. molested as a child, closeted, abusive mother and not knowing anyone gay. I shouldn’t have put such a high expectation on this trip, but since accepting myself as gay 6 months ago I have finally felt like I can make some progress. I know I’ll meet someone eventually, but a gay kiss before I die of old age would be nice.

BTW, you do an amazing job on this site. Your advice is always level-headed and kind. The world needs more people like you!!!

7. 21zephyr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, I’ll have to find a plan B. I guess I will absolutely have to attend Pride in Toronto this summer. Even with my luck, I should be able to talk to a live gay person. I sound desperate, but it’s not as bad as I post. I would just like this coming out process to continue.