I cant tell if im straight or not

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Idkkkayee, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Idkkkayee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    All my life i've liked boys and only boys. Ive had strong feelings only towards boys, i called girls pretty and all but like yeah thats just the same as a straight boy calling their mates sexy in a funny way. Right now im year 11 and ever since this year 9 girl started ive been somewhat obbessed, looking at her every chance i get, walking past her and looking at her smiling when she looks at me. Ive been acting up because i found out she likes girls. I think shes really pretty and cute and i sometimes imagine us together, this is the first time thats ever happened to me so i have no idea what gender i like, i like loads of boys and this one girl Why?
    Has anyone had this happen to them?
    I really like this girl bht i dont think that makes me bisexual because im just attracted to her no other girls.

2. claudiakay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey! I can kind to what you're feeling. I too find myself mostly attractive to males--my first crush ever when I was 5 was on a boy and every one after that has been on boys. But yet, one day, I found myself totally star struck by this girl that was in a couple of my classes in college.
    This usually indicates that one could possibly be bisexual. It took me awhile to understand the myth that bisexual meant equal attraction to both genders when that certainly isn't the case. You can fall anywhere on a spectrum and move up and down it throughout your life. It may seem that you have the capacity to be attracted to girls (whether that is romantically and/or sexually) but with a strong leaning towards men.
    But sometimes, once you acknowledge that you have a true attraction towards a same-sex person, then that can open the door to more same-sex people you could be attracted to. It's because you're more inviting to the possibility. Or perhaps not, maybe this one girl is extra special and you may not find another girl who makes you feel just as strongly. Again, nothing is completely black and white.
    The best advice that I have ever been given (especially because bisexuality can be so confusing) is to not worry about labels. Just think about it person-to-person. If people make you feel or think a certain way, then that's great!

Silveroot, redsky and Richard321 like this.
  3. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, bisexual does not mean you are attracted to both the same amount. I've struggled with this issue too as I am primarily attracted to women, but sometimes I catch myself looking at a cute guy in the grocery store. It's more rare than me looking at a cute girl, but it is there.

Richard321 likes this.