1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ways to strengthen a bond?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AndHeCried, Mar 22, 2018.

1. AndHeCried

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What are some things you do to deepen the connection between you and your significant other?

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trying new things together. This will give you guys something to talk about.

Talking about personal things really strengthens the connection as well.

Spending more time together, aside from the bedroom stuff, helps too!

3. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We travel a lot together. Shared experiences in foreign countries seems to have given us an enduring and deep bond.

4. Celapalais

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sometimes, spending time in bed together, silent after a long day of work or a long week doing nothing at works. Enjoy the moment, having a good connection means that you can also be intimate in moments of silence. That works for me but I don't know for everyone.

5. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was most connected to my last boyfriend when we traveled together. Something about international travel and experiencing new things together really strengthened our bond.

Another might be non-sexual touch, like massage. I loved spending quiet time together in bed, just touching and giving him a masssage. It made me feel safe with him and really present to my gratitude for him. Non-sexual touch I think is also good for men because we tend to focus so much on intercourse as the dominant mode of intimacy.

Finally, I think just communication. In my experience it’s hard for men to identify and communicate feelings and emotional experience, so letting a partner know your feelings could be beneficial. I don’t know how trans men experience this, but as a cis guy I can say that although I’m gay I still have the same challenges most men do in this area.

Patrick