1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I just say yes?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ryu, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Ryu

Ryu

So at school, people are finally figuring out that I'm not straight. It's hard to believe it's taken so long for anybody really to pick up on it, I'm pretty overt about it, but nobodys ever taken it seriously up until now, and over the last week or so a lot of people have been asking me stuff like 'I'm not even being funny here are you gay?'.
    Now, I've actually come out as bisexual at least twice before, but that never really lasted, and if anybody asked me a week later I would adamantly deny anything that came my way.
    So I don't know why I can't bring myself to say 'yes' to anybody that asks. I can't bring myself to say that I'm gay, or bisexual or whatever, it just doesn't feel right. But I am! That's the thing. Should I say yes? Continue skirting around the question? Is it something else entirely? Am I afraid of the commitment to my word, or am I simply too ashamed to admit it? I don't know, but I thought I might see if anybody here has any advice for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Keith857

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally feel you on this, exact same thing going on here. One thing at I know for me is that I am just afraid of the commitment to it, so that might be your case. Idk.

One thing that has helped me is when I'm on a walk or alone in general, I just think about why I think that way, and once I have that determined that I talk to myself and convince myself that I am perfect the way I am. Like legit have a conversation with myself. Try and find where your self doubt is, and resolve it.

Idk, that's just what works for me. Hope it works for you.

Hope to talk with you again soon!
    -k

3. 21zephyr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, it sounds like you are pretty sure you are gay, but like all of us, you put a little self doubt in there to sort of protect yourself.

Since many people have asked you about your sexuality and still treat you well, you risk isn’t so huge. Being bi and then going back in the closet is probably quite common, we all get cold feet. Deep down, you have to answer the questions- What do I really want? What’s the risk/ reward in coming out?

You seem like a good person and it seems like people around you already suspect you’re gay- it probably won’t be so tough to come out. However, do it on your own terms and when you are as ready as you can be. Start with some close friends, the rest will fall into place. Don’t wait a million years like I did, I feel I’ve wasted a lifetime.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Keith857 likes this.