1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are my eyeballs and fantasies at odds?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SkyWinter, Mar 21, 2018.

1. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I consider myself my bi, but my eyeballs and my sexual fantasies are often at odds. I'm looking mostly at women, but fantasizing mostly about men. Sometimes a guy catches my eye. Sometimes I'm fantasizing about women. Why such a weird difference? Why wouldn't I be fantasizing about women more and men less if I'm mostly looking at women?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This can happen pretty commonly in the early stages of identifying one's sexual self. It's possible there's a rift between unconscious and conscious mind, so that what you're looking at is more driven by conscious, and fantasies by unconscious. Our conscious mind is cluttered by judgments for who we want ourselves to be, while our unconscious mind is less impacted by that.

I don't have a clear answer on how to solve the riddle, but I can tell you that in general, the more you simply let things be, and observe, usually over time things become clearer.

3. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure I would consider myself in the early stages, but that could be true. Not many people know I'm bi, so there could be a block there I suppose.

4. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Or it could be you find the female form more visually alluring, but with the physical act of sex you like the idea of being with a guy more...

The idea of all bisexuals have a solid 50/50 split attraction to both genders equally is pretty silly and from polls and reading threads on this and other forums seems to be the minority. While most people seem like one gender a bit more than the other. I tend to be a bit more picky about the guys I seem to fantasize compared to women.

You don't have to try and explain or categorize your sexual attraction, you like who you like.