1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any thriving bisexual marriages?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by regkmc, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Regkmc

Since this thread is about a "thriving bisexual marriage" I should add this...

For me, to maintain the marriage, there are compromises. While I own my sexuality, how it impacts the marriage is both of ours. So, how I express my sexuality is something that my wife and I work on together. I do get some scorn for this because each of us should be able to be sexual on our own terms. But, I just don't see it that way in MY marriage.

So, I communicate everything I can to my wife. I don't go into details of my sex with men. But, she does know who I'm seeing. She has met some of the guys I have been with. I discuss the climb I did and the place we camped. It has become normal that when I am with some of my friends there will be intimacy and she is OK with it (in fact she is trying to set me up with a guy we met that she thinks is gay).

Our goal is to try and make each other happy and if a behavior isn't then we discuss it. It's not easy since falling into old habits is constant.

2. regkmc

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well....I've discussed a lot with my wife.....we were having big-time problems with intimacy, and I had affairs with a female co-worker and a close female friend and neighbor. Really crappy, emotionally immature behavior on my part and I have spent the year and will continue to spend time dealing with the ramifications. My wife has really been dealing with that over the past year.

My admission of sexuality questions is at the forefront now.....it's a big part of why I moved out in January. I have been dealing with various stages of distress about it (alongside my infidelity), and my wife has seen me in great pain. She had been supporting me, but not considering a romantic relationship again.

We are now communicating really well, have been intimate for the past month, and we are considering maintaining our marriage. There are a lot of good reasons to do it. I can't say I'm at the point where I want to have a relationship or sex with men....I just don't want to feel like shit for having sexual fantasies. So I'm considering all options....

Because of my uncertainties in determining what I want, and also the challenges with my prior behavior, and her difficulties in communicating generally, we are going slow. But I continue to tell her that these fantasies and attractions aren't going away. She has been kind saying we'll deal with things as they come up.

3. regkmc

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I appreciate you sharing about your family and the compromises you make with your wife as a significant priority. It is important for me to keep that in mind.

4. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is a saying in a group of bisexuals that have open or opening marriages that I belong to. "baby steps". We have had a lot of time to learn about our same sex desires. Our spouses do not have that benefit. To expect them to meet our schedules and fall in line is unrealistic. Re-establishing trust with your wife is probably the most important thing. And, to be able to be vulnerable. To open yourself up to her without fear of rejection. That takes a bunch of work because many of us are too used to hiding.

5. regkmc

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Nick. Regardless of whether I am gay or bisexual, I need to work on the strong internalized homophobia I feel. I am trying to take steps to do that. Today I watched an LGBT friendly movie, and tomorrow I will go again to a GAMMA group and be vulnerable.

For me, I believe I need to be authentic with others about redefining my marriage. I will work on doing that with my wife first, but I feel I will need to involve others who I have been close to over the years. I am hopeful I will have the strength and their trust.

6. BiBarefeet

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi guys, I had the same issues. Been dealing with it for 20 years now. I always considered myself straight until my mid-twenties (see some of my other posts regarding what changed that for me). I was always the "top", no intimacy, no kissing, just plain sexual desire. For me, I was bi curious only, but mainly straight, and it was just a fad or a kink. By age thirty, I realised that I must be bisexual, but continued to be the top when meeting occasional random guys. I still felt fully masculine and red blooded, and in my mind I justified it by seeing myself as a randy and horny guy who needed to penetrate attractive people, regardless of their sex. It all changed after gradually growing distant with my wife. Both of us were to blame. She ended up having an affair, and I found out and was devastated. Sex was rare (still is) so I decided to fulfil my own needs and start meeting guys again, but this time just seeing if I could meet one guy and make a connection. I met this guy, and he seemed nice, and cute. By a twist of fate (a big one, it turns out) he told me he was scared of bottoming due to the size of my tool (it's not huge but must have been more than he is used to), and he asked if he could top me. I was scared but agreed. I needn't have been. He was a great lover and I had a sexual awakening. I loved it, especially the feeling of another guy taking control and using me for his pleasure. We became lovers, and all of the kissing and touching and foreplay became totally natural and enjoyable. From that moment onwards, 5 years ago, I switched to be a bottom, after nearly 15 years as a top. I think I became more gay as a result. I wanted to feel more feminine and sexy for men, especially in the bedroom. I've had a couple more relationships with guys since, and my current boyfriend is lovely and fully satisfied me sexually. But I'm going to give it all up soon to be a proper husband and father, again. I owe it to myself and my wife, but mostly my daughter. The only thing that concerns me is the fact that my wife will not be able to satisfy me as she cannot penetrate me (and she is so straight laced that she would die of fright before divorcing me if I asked her to peg me).

So we will see how it goes...but I would love to have a sexy bisexual wife who was into threesomes and stuff. Then I could be "me" and we could both get some satisfaction! Lol