1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orbs of light

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DinoArtist, Mar 20, 2018.

1. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My girlfriend and I were talking about paranormal things. She once saw a group of orbs flying around in the night sky. I told her a story someone told me of a time when a ball, orb, of light entered their bedroom from the window. I'm facinated by orbs. I have no idea what they are. Does anyone else have an orb story to share. Or anything paranormal would be good.

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been to a restaurant near Seattle that was a legit saloon/inn from the old west in the 1800's and they still use the same building as back then. Multiple people died there over the years and there are tons of people who claim to have seen their ghosts every year. They have some stories on the website and its just so creepy.

There was an 1800's police officer named Henry who got stabbed to death on the staircase, and people say he just like hangs out there now and has for over 100 years, you can supposedly hear him and see human shaped shadows on the staircase when there's no one there. One time a musician who was performing there came to pick up her money - the only people there were her and the owner, she went downstairs and was gone for like 30 minutes, and when she came back and the owner asked what took so long she said she was talking to the nice bartender downstairs named Henry. The owner said there was no downstairs bartender because they didn't use the downstairs bar anymore and he was the only person in the building. The musician got so freaked out she left and wouldn't even take the money for her performance, just wanted nothing to do with the place ever again.

A prostitute died in a bathtub there in the old west days too and they still have the exact same bathtub in the same room. People who have slept there claim sometimes they hear splashing from the bathroom like someone is taking a bath, but when they open the door the bathtub is empty and there is no one there.

You'd assume it's just all fake right? But its been going on like that for over 100 years and there's been multiple different owners.

So creepy!

Here's a story about it - http://seattlerefined.com/lifestyle/oxford-saloon-one-of-the-most-haunted-spots-in-washington

#2 Destin, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  3. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's too creepy.

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Shouldn't they change the bathtub? I mean, it's over 200 years old.

Sounds maybe they're playing a trick on customers.

5. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I seen orbs of light in photographs in the past. A friend of ours had one in a picture once and she knew someone who dabbled in the supernatural. The person told her that the orb was the spirit of the school's old janitor. He liked his job and the kids, so when there was an event at the school, he must have paid a visit.

I've seen orbs quite frequently in family photos too. Happens a lot during holiday pictures. I'm convinced it's my late grandmother who died in 2013.

6. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's pretty creepy but interesting. I wonder if orbs seen in the nights sky and spirit orbs are the same.

7. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's a tourist attraction. They want to keep everything looking the way it did back in the Wild West days. Authenticity.

8. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is creepy but interesting. I have another story involving the same grandmother, when her dad died, but I don't want to hijack the thread.

9. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ooohh creepy stories! I like that!

This has probably nothing to do with orbs, but I want to share it. Not too far from where I live, there's an ossuary that's at least 600 years old, and is really creepy. I've been there a couple of times and each time it freaks me out. The interior is filled with bones of tens of thousands of deceased people, many of them were victims of plague from what I know. And these bones are everywhere.. decorations, signs and even the chandelier are made of them. When you are there, you feel like you just have visited a Grim reaper's home.

When I was there for the 1st time, I was pretty young (and to this day I have no idea why my parents took me there), and I think it really shocked me. Maybe this is the reason why I've suffered from a fear of sculls during most of my childhood.

I've heard a paranormal story from someone about this place, that some people have heard shrieks and rattling of bones coming from ossuary at night. Supposedly it comes from the victims of the plague, with their souls trapped for eternity in their bones. Also if you stay there at night, you might enrage these souls for disrupting them, and the next morning your own bones will be found arranged next to the others.

It's called Sedlec ossuary if you want to find more info about it.

This is how it looks like:

upload_2018-3-21_19-8-8.png

10. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yikes! Looks like something from HR Giger.

11. Loves books

It's not really an orb story but it's kind of creepy. I live up a mountain in the middle of nowhere and sometimes a low lying could shrouds the mountain in fog. One of the scariest days of my life was walking my dog in the fog. I'd forgotten about the wind. It's sounds like a vengeful ghost screaming. I was surrounded by fog I couldn't see more than a foot in front of me and screaming all around. It made me think of every horror movie where the idiot walked in to the fog and met monsters or was never seen again. It's worse at night when it sounds like a young child crying. I don't believe in the paranormal in the middle of the day in my house but at night when I'm the only one awake and something screams outside my window and my wardrobe door opens on its own or something falls it scares the crap out of me. I never go look in the wardrobe because that person always dies first in the movies.

12. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. You don't want to hear screaming outside in the middle of nowhere. You're from Ireland so I assume you're familiar with the story of the banshee.

13. Loves books

I never thought of the banshee but I haven't died yet. I would also like to know why ghosts are always someone who died violently a long time ago doing totally random stuff and not some teen ghost who died 10 years ago messing with your electronics by playing a new Taylor swift song or turning the t.v on to one channel to catch the new Greys Anatomy.

14. Loves books

I never thought of the banshee but I haven't died yet. I would also like to know why ghosts are always someone who died violently a long time ago doing totally random stuff and not some teen ghost who died 10 years ago messing with your electronics by playing a new Taylor swift song or turning the t.v on to one channel to catch the new Greys Anatomy.

15. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We will never truly know for sure.