1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Don't Look Like A Boy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ken867, Mar 16, 2018.

1. ken867

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im 14 years old and biologically a girl but identify as a boy. I recently got my binder from Gc2B and It has made me very happy. However today when I went out in public (while wearing my binder) I was kept on being addressed as a girl. My hair is short, I wear mens clothing, and I wear a binder. Im not on hormone blockers or testosterone because my parents want me to wait until Im 18. I don't know what to do. My face looks extremely feminine. How can I make myself look like a boy to others even though I already do all of these things?

AlexJames likes this.
  2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe just casually correct people, cis people get misgendered somtimes.

3. stoutdriver79

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For what it's worth, many boys don't look like boys. I don't know why people mis-gender. Either they are unaware of pronouns and they don't want to assume. Or they do it out of disrespect, but I don't think this happens much. I think just lack of awareness. Perhaps just say your prounoun are he, him, his.

4. SomeUsername

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in a similar place in transitioning, so I offer my condolences. I do pass from time to time and I think that posture has something to do with it- I've found that I pass better (or at least confuse people more) when I take longer, slower strides and make sure to spread out my legs and slouch a bit more when sitting. Also acting more confident helps- both because many cultures (still, sadly) view confidence as a male virtue, and because a lack of confidence might cause people to inspect your appearance more critically.

ken867 likes this.