1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever just feel depressed and lonely?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BelieveinLove, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Fyrefox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes; depression and loneliness stem from the isolation which can vary from person to person dependent on your location and life situation. Living in a red, conservative state heightens that for me. It's a great boon to come to a board like this and realize that others are experiencing the same or related things, and can understand what you live with...

2. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so lonely all the time. I just want someone to talk to is all. All my friends are busy getting married and having kids. Busy with their lovers and normal friends. I've been so desperate for companionship that I've even tried to make a tulpa, which is basically an imaginary friend for adults.

4. Roxas J

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get lonely quite often. I'm not great at making friends and the ones I do have have lives of their own. I have a craving for companionship from other gay men, but struggle because to be honest I'm not terribly attractive, so anyone who bothers to talk to me online or on apps feels I should be so honored by their attention that I should automatically want to have sex, which just doesn't interest me anymore. It's difficult to find someone who just want to chat or at most cuddle up and watch netflix.

5. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Very often. Strangely I even feel lonely when I'm with friends sometimes, it's like whatever social thing is going on just isn't "social enough" for my liking or something so I stay lonely anyway. I've felt a lot better since getting into a relationship though, even the simplest things like just having someone warm to snuggle with helps cure loneliness fast.

6. Shirley Anne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i like the age i am and that`s not young .i find it hard to interact with the younger generation what do we have in common

7. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Very often, sometimes I feel my life is useless but I need to rise my kids.
    Moreover, now I am away from my wife and my kids because of my job. We seperate thousand miles and different island. I have a lot of free time but I don't have passion to explore gay life in my city. Eastern culture is very hard to accept gay.

Hope you feel better.

8. 21zephyr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is an excellent post! Yes, I’ve suffered from depression since puberty, which has been many years. I live in rural America and I’m gay. The problem is the mental health providers in rural America are somewhat scarce and there is still a stigma for needing mental health. Now, put being gay, mental health and rural together... you feel a little hopeless. However, force yourself to get help!!! I have an awesome counselor who has helped me with my sexuality and depression. Through some therapy and meds, I have made some amazing strides. If you cannot get mental health help, I have found that eating healthy- especially adding daily fruit, exercising (simple daily walks) and reaching out on Empty Closets has helped immensely.

Go for a checkup with your doctor they can get you on a program to help with depression- that’s how I got the help I needed.

Keep reaching out on EC because the amazing people on this site have been the best support I’ve had in my life!!!!

9. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can relate so much with this. I always wondered why. I realized it’s because, based on MBTI, I’m an intuitive. Most of the population consists of sensors. They think based on concrete data and surface level. They also live in the present. As an intuitive, I think based on possibilities and concepts. I dream for the future. Do you think this might also be your problem?

#29 Anthemic, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  10. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I often feel either depressed or apathetic for different reasons.

Sometimes, I feel lonely too, even when I'm surrounded by people. However, I also like having times to be alone or I get tired of social interaction. I know it sounds contradictory.

11. Smile44

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I get lonely and depressed sometimes and that is a people thing because we all get lonely and depressed because of the many different issues we deal with daily. I feel from the small description you wrote that you only need to find friends that are lesbians like yourself, along with your straight friends, so you can be around individuals you can relate to and also you will be around people who deal and understands with your day to day struggle. I know you said that you live in a small town but NOTHING is new under the sun and there are other lesbians in your community, you may just have to get creative on how you search them out if they are on the low. Hopefully, they are NOT on the low and you can just create a new circle of friends. Remember that there is NOTHING wrong with having straight friends and lesbian friends, you DON'T have to substitute one group for the other. There is enough friendship to go around. I don't know how old you are so if you are a minor and it is NOT possible for you to get around or really explore new lesbian friends because I saw that you haven't come out to your family yet. Then this is a good group to find friends in. (be careful with the world wide web and predators) Until you get 18 if you haven't already turned the big one eight, maybe you should just focus on the friends you have and not rock the boat, since you haven't come out to your family yet. I would still look for new lesbian friends but be aware of your sensitive situation of your family not being aware of who you really are. I just want you to be safe as far as how your family would react if a new lesbian friend started visiting your home. Some situations like this end up bad where a family could kick you out. So, all in all, evaluate whether exploring new lesbian friends would be in the best interest of your situation and if you thought about things thoroughly and having new lesbian friends are not going to rock the boat too much, as to make your family suspense then enjoy choosing new lesbian friends. PEACE and LOVE

12. Smile44

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry, just reread that you are 23, disregard the minor comments. You will be fine, just meet new lesbian friends. PEACE and LOVE