1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Proof" that Homosexuality is Genetic

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RusteeShak, Mar 18, 2018.

1. RusteeShak

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OK, so I'm not sure if this will be a big deal to people. BTW, I'm married and in the closet. But my dad had five other siblings. Three of the six (including my dad) all had multiple kids. I'm gay, and two of my cousins are gay (one from each aunt). It strikes me as odd that the only people on my dad's side of the family who had kids had at least one gay kid. If I came out I could ask all my relatives on that side, "Hey, doesn't that prove something?" I don't know. Seems like a big deal to me because I hate it when people say being gay is a choice. For some people yes (maybe), but you can't deny the physical emotions and reactions when you see a good looking person of the same sex. That's not a choice.

2. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally, I haven't got any gay relatives, so not sure that it is genetic. Maybe I will have some gay cousins, but they are far too young to know their sexuality yet.

#2 Joe2001, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  3. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Two of my cousins on my mom’s side of the family are gay...they’re my Grandma’s great nephews I believe. What’s more, they’re both brothers. I’m also a lesbian, so that makes three of us on my mom’s/grandma’s side of the family that are gay. I’m not sure if it’s a genetic thing, but I could see it being a possibility. Perhaps some people have more of a predisposition to produce gay children? I haven’t read too much into it, to be honest. But I think it would be an interesting thing to study or look into.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There does seem to be pattern that gay siblings run in family groups. I haven't seen a lot of research on this, but anecdotally, there's a lot of support for it.

5. Smile44

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe that having physical emotions and reactions to individuals in the same gender as you are, is NOT by choice and us as people do NOT get to choose who we are attracted to naturally, that those emotions hit us naturally because anything that is natural has no help from an outside force, it's just their because that is who we are. So, therefore for me being gay, lesbian or even bi-sexual, etc., is NOT a choice but an emotion that can't be ignored because eventually the truth and your emotions will force you to come out into the open about who you really are or risk being miserable and making everyone around you miserable also. As far as homosexuality being hereditary, to a certain extent, I would say yes because I believe that ALL religion as we know it, is lies, that have been rewritten to support the lie. I believe that once you die you go through many stages of mental growth, as far as to get you balanced enough so you can understand that you have died, depending on how you died that you are at this point safe and get you at a level of acceptance that everything you knew to be true, wasn't true. Once you get past the trauma of how you died and that you were lied to about EVERYTHING, you then go through different levels of mind correction until you finish that process and then instead of a physical resurrection like the churches lied about, you go through the process of reincarnation. This is where your question of is being gay, lesbian etc., hereditary. Yes, because once you get through the process of a stable mind to be able to comprehend what is happening to you after death and you get to the point of where you are going to be reincarnated back into an existence on earth with a new family. I believe that we choose our next family. I believe you chose your mother, father, siblings and your next experience, in order to help you overcome the biggest obstacles in your life, that makes you have to keep reincarnating back here on earth in the first place. Everybody's purpose in life is to become your HIGHER SELF, a higher self that can be a loving friend of the Creator of the Universe, a Creator that NO human being overstands enough to be able to give a name too. So we get reincarnated over and over again until we are totally honest loving people that can be a friend of the Creator. You have probably been trying to overcome your fear of coming out of the closet as a gay individual for at least one other incarnation before this one, maybe more. You chose that family so the fact that there are others in your bloodline that deal with homosexuality, that could be a trigger that helps you start the conversation about why you are, the way you are. It will be extra hard for you because you started a family and now it will NOT be easy for you to break up that family unit, with the news that you are gay. At the end of the day, being born gay or why you ended up the way you are is secondary to what really matters. What really matters is you knew you were gay when you got married and started a family, so now a lot of folks will be hurt. With that said, it is NOT your fault that this world lied about the natural order of everything and made everybody feel embarrassed about emotions that are natural at the end of the day. So now you have to go talk to your wife and be totally honest with her about who you are and work out the consequences of your choices to lie to everyone involved and start a family under false pretenses. However, things turn out, remember that you are not the blame because you at the time, did only what you were taught to do by society and that was to play along. It will be a hard long journey, so you have to ask yourself if you are ready to start that journey. If you are a faithful husband that don't cheat with men and you are dedicated to keeping your secret by being faithful to your wife and family, then, by all means, keep doing you but if you are cheating on anybody, man or woman, then in order to be morally correct, you have to tell your wife the truth. I hope for your sake that your children are younger because younger children love their parents no matter what flaws they have and you can always set up visitation through the courts if your wife takes this hard and tries to band you from seeing your children but older children are harder, especially if they are ashamed of having a gay parent because society teaches everybody to hate what is different. They could also be ashamed because they chose the same family during the reincarnation stage, for the same reasons, to be able to learn how to not live a lie and they have issues of feeling sexual desires for the same sex also and by you coming out you could be helping your children either now or when they get older or they just may be ashamed because society has lied to us all. Hope this helped, PEACE AND LOVE.

6. Smile44

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I DON'T really believe people have a predisposition to produce gay children. It's just a fact that children learn from what they see and even though parents fool themselves into believing that they are hiding their true self. Children see right through that and copy what they see, the true person, that parent may believe they are hiding from the world and then that child emulates that parents true self in their life. Some siblings may choose the opposite sex, whereas another sibling may choose the same sex as they are, both being raised by the same parent. In some cases, gay parents who raise a different gender than themselves may raise that child to be gay themselves unaware that their hate wasn't truly hidden for a particular sex and that child may intentionally go towards who the gay parents rejected because children like to rebel towards what will hurt their parents the most. Also, a parents mental state if negative towards a subject like hating gay or lesbians are strong and a child grew up with that hate. The child could possibly learn to love what the parent tried to get that child to hate. Also, mothers have the tendency to be unbalanced in their ability to give balanced love and can in return over protect men to the point of causing flaws in their perception of a woman or make them identify with their mother so much that he himself wants to become a woman also. This type of individual may NOT naturally be attracted to having sex with another man. But his first experience with a man may be so sexually pleasurable that he may think that he was born to be with a man. When in reality sex with anybody if consensual can be a great experience. And even a straight man could get pleasure by another man if he experiments. Then he would probably be confused into believing that he was gay also but NOT necessarily would he be a gay man because being gay, lesbian or other has nothing to do with the actual act of sexual intercourse.It has to do with emotional desires when you look at another individual of the same sex. Where you instantly attracted to that individual of the same gender and then began to consider the possibilities or where you like the individual who experimented and had an organism but when that person looks at the same gender as himself he doesn't become emotionally or sexually aroused. All in all, this is a slippery slope of confusion but one thing I do know is if you have children, just be totally honest with them because if you don't they will see right through you anyway.

7. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure if that's genetic or if that's just a coincidence. There are several gay people that have siblings that are as straight as an arrow. My brother is gay so maybe that could've contributed to me being bisexual, but I'm more willing to accept that it's probably coincidental.

8. youknow201

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not sure that being gay is hereditary but I don't think that you can rule it out either. I have a gay cousin on my moms side and non on my dads. Everybody else is very very straight, but it blows my mind when people say that being gay is a choice. Not trying to sound negative but why would anyone choose this, it is HIGHLY inconvenient.

9. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello All....At this point in time geneticists have pretty much concluded that there is no "Gay Gene". However, that does not mean that sexuality is not genetic. Many traits in a species require the functioning of multiple genes for the trait to be expressed. Also, In the last decade or so geneticists have been working in a field called "Epigenetics". There are strong indications that sexuality is heavily influenced by the epigenetic process. These studies have shown that the tendency of families with multiple male births having increasing odds of a gay male son with each successive birth are very likely due to the epigenetic effect. While none of these studies have yet reached the point of a hard conclusion, the pattern seems to be getting clearer all the time. As far as any sexual orientation being a "choice", it seems that idea runs completely counter to honest observation. Logic makes it evident that, if LGBTQ individuals can choose their sexual orientation, then non-LGBTQ individuals can also. I'd suggest that if you, as a LGBTQ individual, are ever accused of choosing your orientation that you in turn suggest, politely, that your accuser has also chosen their orientation. Good for the goose, good for the gander.... It has been well established by medical and psychological experts that the environment surrounding a child can certainly have an effect on their developing personality. However, sexual orientation, if it is suppressed, will eventually cause such an intense dichotomy that the individual will develop significant depression and dysphoria. These individuals will reach a point of either resolving the issue by accepting their true orientation or will lead a life of shame, guilt and self-hate. The later often resulting in significant self-harm and/or suicide. This would apply to not only a child with a LGBTQ mind-set (can't really think of another way to say this!) being forced into a non-LGBTQ mould, but also to a child with a non-LGBTQ mind-set being forced to accept only a LGBTQ life.
    I, like many people on this forum have experienced this first-hand. From age 8 I knew that I was different. After some recent conversations with my 89 year old mother I now know that she noticed this around the same time. It was with great surprise that she and I had a talk about my early years recently. She told me of being worried about the way I acted around other boys. Always touching them and actually kissing them often. I don't recall this and it could certainly have meant nothing at all...kids can just be very accepting of other kids...so it may have just been that, who knows. But I do know that she repeated things to me many times along the lines of; "Isn't she a pretty girl, do you like her?", even when I was quite young. She also arranged "play dates" for me that always included three or four girls, one boy or sometimes I can remember that there were no boys. When I had my first "girl-friend" she was very happy and made a point of inviting her over for lunch on Saturday often. Well...it seems obvious now! By the way, I have not come out to her and don't plan to...my decision. In my early teens I came to understand why I felt the way I did and exactly what it meant. My college years were filled with experimentation with men...no women. But at age twenty-two, due to societal pressure against any public school teacher being gay, I hid my true self for the next 42 years.
    I write all of this terribly long novel (lol) to not only make it clear that sexuality is not and never has been a choice but to also point out the terrible damage that this idea has done to our families and to us. Let us do our best to see that this hurtful, degrading and horrible concept dies.
    So Sorry for becoming so intense about this, so many of us have lived this and it just must stop.
    ....David :gay_pride_flag:

10. Loves books

One of my uncles is gay. He's my dads brother one of his other brothers has a kid that could possibly be gay. Lots of my dads brothers and sisters had a lot of kids so out of 9 altogether I'm the only definitely gay one I know of.

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For some, the reaction is physical. For some, it's emotional. For some, it's both. It can also be a slightly different reaction each time. There is no denying it. You're right.

I think of it as a predisposition. Maybe not just with the parent, but with the offspring as well. I think of it as almost being a part of someone's personality. Theories of personality are also all over the map.

This is the first time I've seen it stated this way. Inconvenient is a good word. No one picks inconvenient things in life.