1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i tell a straight woman that I have crush on her

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Shasta, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    so I have been crushing hard on an older woman. I’m assuming she’s straight because her Fb profile says she is interested in men and what she supports. So this leads me to believe that she’s not supportive. So I’ve decided to write her a note and tell her my feelings. I’m going to probably get her hurt but I want closure. She’s going to want answers and she deserves them. But how I tell someone why I’m crushing on them when I don’t know why i feel for them in first place.

The experience of meeting her was horrible for me. Bad vibes. Something didn’t feel right about her. Being highly intuitive there’s something about her personality that frightens
    me. She ended up coerceing me into buying something I couldn’t afford. I should’ve got up and left but I didn’t. I wasn’t really ready for the purchase but I take responsibility for that

This woman probably has no idea and is going to be taken aback when I tell her. I’m of writing her a letter and dropping it off at her work. I plan on just walking up to her handing it to her and leaving.

I’m thinking of Saying something like, “Hey, I know that I’ve been acting kind of strange lately. Truth is, I have a crush on you. But I know that you are straight and this can’t work out, so I’m trying to get over it. I don’t want things to become weird between us because of this. But I just wanted you to know because I care about you and think you deserve to know what’s been up with me. We can talk about over a cup of coffee if like, but I just wanted to get things out in the open.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to say, this is a bad idea on so many levels and I would strongly caution you against it. I don't think any good will come of revealing your feelings. If you are as intuitive as you say, I would urge you to tune in and realise how risky this is.

It would be better to consider those bad vibes and ask yourself if you should even have a crush on someone who coerces you into doing things and frightens you. If you told us that she was attractive, sweet, kind and giving, I could understand, but shouldn't you actually be looking more closely at those negatives in order to overcome the crushing feelings?

3. Chewbaca

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you truly cared about her, you wouldn’t send her the letter. It’s like you’re convincing yourself you’re doing what best for her, but really you’re doing what’s best for you. You may not realize, but it’s like you’re hoping to get something out of it. A relationship or for her to have requited feelings. “Maybe we can talk about it over a cup of coffee”. Sounds romantic to me. If she’s straight, let her be. Save you and her the unneeded emotional rollercoaster

4. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys. I had former therapist who trying to make come out to this woman. My therapist was upset because I told her I wanted to get to know my crush by befriending so I could “feel her out”’but my therapist was insisting the only way to get over was to come out to her.

Also my crush follows me on social media. She likes and comments on some my post. Our relationship is more of a business/professional type. I don’t want to lose that.

Before I met this woman I thought liking girls was a thing of the past. Something about meeting this woman brought up some emotions....liking girls. I think that’s what scared me. As far as liking her and why I feel for her an affirming pastor told me that maybe there’s no answer and that I fell for my crush when I met her i just didn’t realize it until later. She is attractive and she’s very successful. Usually when I became attracted to someone its not right away. I’m demisexual if that helps.