1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like the place where you live?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BadassFrost, Mar 10, 2018.

?

Do you like the place where you live?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Hard to say...

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wondering.. Do you? Or not?

Me, I like the place where I live. But it wasn't always like that, I remember that when I was little, I really didn't like it and tried to convince my parents to move to some "not so old city", lol (I couldn't kinda appreciate the historical side of my city). But nowadays I'm glad I can live here. Also because people here are mostly LGBT+ accepting. And even when I'll probably move away, it will always have a special place in my heart.

2. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I picked hard to say. I thought I hated where I'm originally from, and where I currently live is ok for my current purposes (good college town, but it seems like an awful place for anyone who isn't a college student). However I can't think of anywhere I'd like to move either.

I've been on so many road trips to just about everywhere in the country, (46/50 states, nearly all major cities) yet I still don't have a place I can say would be a perfect place to live, just places that don't have as many issues as where I'm originally from does.

I don't know, maybe I just don't like anything.

#2 Niagara, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  3. butterfly1

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have lived to big cities. I have lived in small towns (like where I am now). There are pluses and minuses to each place. But I would have to say I like the city life better. I currently live in a small town of a few hundred people. There is a remoteness that I don't really like. I prefer the interaction and the social aspect of city life. Having grown up in and around a major city, it is what I know and am more comfortable with.

So, to answer the question, no I don't really like where I live. I accept it as it is. But I don't care too much for it.:butterfly:

4. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't like place where I live now. LGBT is sensitive issue. If i can go out abroad since I was young, I will go out from my country and find my lover.

5. seeastar

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have nothing against the place I live. Almost everyone I know loves it here but I could care less. I hope that someday I could live somewhere that wasn't filled with buildings and cars in every direction you looked. Then again, this has been my home for my whole life and leaving it would be very difficult, in the sense that my life revolves around living here.

6. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meh. One thing about living in the city, is that it's a lot nicer than living in a small town since no one knows me and I can pass as male a lot easier. However, I do miss living in a small town, I miss the silence, and there aren't massive buildings and concrete everywhere. Though, there are a lot more resources for LGBT+ people, and I probably won't be able to live in another small town due to finding work since everything is in the city.

7. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It has grown on me a alot. I was born in California and hated when my mom had us move; I loved the warm weather etc. I hated that change that happened when I moved to Idaho. I felt angry with my mom for making us go.

After living here for ten plus years I enjoy it. There are some setbacks the LGBT community isn't very high so it makes it difficult to meet people. I have tried dating here, but alot of them are stuck up, play games and many just want sex. When you go on the streets here it is strange how when I walk down the streets I will say hello, but many are confused as to why.

It is a strange world, but I do enjoy the seasons here and the family I have here.

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't like the city I live in no. I do like my house and my neighbors though.

9. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aside from the insanely high cost of living, I really enjoy living in the D.C. suburbs in Northern Virginia. Plenty of political jobs, fun things to do, and I've developed a close group of friends through grad school and work since moving down here three years ago. Oh, and I met my fiance here!

#9 Mike92, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  10. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

I very much dislike where I live. I moved away for a few years, then I came back and I’ve been back for a couple of years now. I live in a small town in Central California, and I grew up here, so it is home for me....but I’ve wanted to leave my whole life. I still want to leave lol. But now I have a career here, and I get paid more in this part of CA than I would in most other parts of the state, especially in my field of work. The cost of living is also lower in Central California than in other parts of CA. But literally there’s nothing interesting to do in my town, people are kind of conservative, we’re pseudo-diverse because we only have a few majority ethnicities here while everyone else gets kind of pushed aside, and there’s little to no LGBTQ+ community or representation here. It’s hard to meet people here because everyone is involved in their own little groups, so it gets lonely. Then again, I felt this way when I lived in a big city as well. I don’t know if I would really be happy anywhere lol. Or maybe I haven’t found a place that makes me happy yet. There are lots of places I’ve visited that I’ve liked, but I don’t know about living there. I can’t work up the courage to move away either because I get homesick, lonely, and depressed very easily, and I don’t think I could afford living anywhere else with what I do for a living. So I feel stuck here most of the time.

11. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do enjoy where I live, but this is also because I chose to live here. There is a lot of natural beauty in Northern California, and I am blessed to be surrounded by redwood forests and the coast. On campus at university the whole environment is just... breathtaking. Not for buildings per se, they are pretty standard. But the social atmosphere is super accepting and diverse. It's truly a great place to live.

12. bulbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, I'm from Saudi Arabia, despite the fact that I would go to jail for being gay, it's not that awful :wink:

13. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently moved to the Los Angeles area and am living in an apartment. While I’m not in downtown, it’s definitely much more urban. I’ve always lived in the suburbs and in a stand-alone house.

I think I prefer the “boring” suburbs. It’s been an interesting adjustment though. In the suburbs everyone is pretty much “middle class” but in the city you can see a Lamborghini fly by a homeless man. The amount of wealth some people have and the stark contrast between the rich and poor, who live side by side, is what struck me most for a while.

Anyway, I find the city a little depressing in a way. So many people can make one even more aware of being alone.

Apartment living is an adjustment itself... I’ve finally experienced the joys of dealing with obnoxious and loud neighbors. But I’m lucky the situation is much much better than it could be.

I may also sound bad saying this — but I’m going to anyway — I moved to an area that’s is pretty heavily Chinese. For the location I needed to be near, you got more for your money here and it’s relatively safe. While I thought I could deal with it fine it’s been somewhat of a culture shock, strangely enough. It’s rare I hear English spoken in my 250+ unit apartment, and nobody is very friendly to me. In fact, a lot of people are “fuerdai” (google it — basically Chinese equivalents of Beverly hillbillies) and I’ve just been shocked by how disrespectful people can be (I.e dirty, don’t care about the property, loud in the hallways at 2 am...). I’m sure at any apartment complex people would be disrespectful though? No other experiences, but I expect it’s the nature of the beast. Idk.

Tl;dr: I voted “it’s hard to say”! Of course. I love my apartment itself and there’s good things about the city, but I hate my neighbors being so close and I also hate the crowdedness of the city. I won’t live here forever.

14. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not keen on where I live. There's not much for people my age to do so it's really boring, and hence a lot of teenagers resort to anti-social behaviour. This is made worse by the fact that the town has become a dump for people with addiction, mental health problems, etc. There are a lot of empty shops which I think is a shame, and there are way too many charity shops and hairdressers. There's also a bascule bridge in the middle of my town which seems to go up at the worst times, when you're in a hurry (lol). The traffic going through the town is awful at times. We have a beach, and apparently some people go on holiday here. I'm not sure why you would. I suppose there's some good things, like most people don't really care about LGBT people (no-one's overly supportive, but they're not homophobic either) and it's generally a safe place to live. But I can't wait to go away for university.

15. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No. I'm so alone here.

the only thing I like about this place is lots of forests around and the military airbase.

16. Hyrule Wayfarer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to hate where I lived (England) and I romanticised about America alot. I still do day dream about moving to the states and starting a new life, but the immigration criteria is so high. I also think i'm over fantasying what life would be like there.

17. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I voted hard to say. Wages in Idaho are way low, and the politics are... well dated would be the polite way of saying it. But since I generally dislike people, and hate big cities I am alright with where I live in Idaho. I also like doing out door stuff, which there is stuff to do in every direction.

18. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've lived at bunch of different places and something I noticed is everyone wants to move somewhere else no matter where they live. Every place people would tell me where I came from was better, but it's really not like that. You just need to find what makes somewhere special instead of comparing it to other places.

Except for West Texas. That's just where happiness goes to die.

19. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like it because it’s beautiful here but it’s also pretty lonely. Definitely plan on moving in the future, just need to figure out where.

20. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I do. I live in a small town next to the sea in Spain. There are beautiful places with nature where I can go for walks.

In the past, I used to prefer a bigger place to live, like a city. But, nowadays, I prefer a calmer place.