Hello, I'm New Here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by pholidota, Mar 9, 2018.

1. pholidota

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As the title suggests, I am in fact new to EC. And forums in general, so I don't really know what I'm doing, I just hope I'm doing it right. Everyone seems to put a few facts about themselves in these so: You can call me Bex, I'm a fifteen year old girl from the southern part of the US, I'm pretty positive I'm a lesbian, and I'm really just looking for friends with similar experiences to my own. I like to read, I've been trying to write a book (or a short story) since middle school, and I'm not very good at most video games but I enjoy playing them anyway (usually just Nintendo games, tbh).

Recently in my life a lot of not-so-great things have gone down and now I'm pretty isolated. The only people I talk to with regularity is one friend (via text) and my family. Which is pathetic, honestly. So here I am. And I hope I can make some really good friends here.

2. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Bex! :slight_smile:

It seems like there's quite a few of us southern girls on this site. This is a great site to make friends on. I've been here for a few months now, and it's generally a friendly place.

If you're interested in sharing, I'd love to hear more about this writing project of yours. If you'd rather keep it private, that's cool. But, if you're interested, I'd love to know more about it.

3. pholidota

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, thanks for replying!

I love to talk about my writing ideas, I don’t havr a problem sharing some things about it. Though I’ll try to keep it short because I could go on forever.

Basically, the story is based in a future America (specific years not set but maybe 2030/2050, there around) where a lot of things have happened. Vigilante justice is a big and powerful issue (for a lot of reasons), and to combat the highly capable, uhhh let’s call them organizations,,, the government has created a new law enforcement agency type thing (this is going to be so much more eloquent in the actual story lmao). The story is really on five main characters who are apart of this agency (omitting a lot of info on the agency because,,, oh my god that would take a while to explain and I don’t kniw how much of this you wanted to know) and their journey of figuring things aren’t always what they appear. ++ They have a cast of (in my humble opinion) pretty wonderful and interesting game side characters.

Thanks so much for asking about my writing! If you wanted to know more feel free to message me privately, I love talking about it and bouncing ideas off of people.

4. ken867

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Bex! Its a pleasure to meet you. You can call me Ken. I am also looking to meet some people on this site. I too love books. Btw I love Nintendo :slight_smile:

5. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The story sounds interesting so far. If you hang out here long enough and become an active enough poster to get the ability to send and receive private messages, I'd love to chat with you more about it. I'm always interested in hearing from creative people and discussing their projects.

I hope you're doing well, and that you're enjoying your time here. :slight_smile: