1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People feeling between bisexual and lesbian...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Shy95, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Shy95

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why do you feel like this? Could you tell me about your sexuality? Thanks!

Silveroot likes this.
  2. 3amawake

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only man I have ever found attractive is my husband. Any other man I cannot stand to be with sexually or anything, I just don’t like them in that way. My husband is the ONLY reason I identify as bisexual, if it weren’t for him, I’d still be dating women exclusively.

3. bried87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I am Bisexual, and still a teen. So what I have discovered is if you are bi you are bi. Some moments you may question if you are just lesbian, but every bi friend i have has said that they question if they are lesbian sometimes. So if you know you like both genders, than the flipping in between thinking ur bi and lesbian is normal i guess.

4. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would call myself a kinsey 5 which for me means I'm gay but I'm also open to the possability of falling for a man in the future. In general I am not at all attracted to men and a loooot more to women but I'm also very inexperienced and I can't say that I've never, ever been attracted to men, it just hadn't been strong enough yet to actually become something and I'm currently not looking for it. I wouldn't even want to fall for a man right now because I want to be with a woman that much, but who knows. I don't know, sometimes labeling myself just feels so restricting, like I don't feel a 100% lesbian but bisexual feels wrong. I really love the word queer.

5. AmyMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel 99% attracted to women, 1% attracted to men. I can't really explain why I feel this way - it's just the observation I have made when reflecting on my preferences. I'm still on a journey to figure out whether I'd call myself bisexual or a lesbian.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this is really just a matter of labelling. Truth be told, many people who are bisexual have a definite preference for the same sex or opposite sex. If you really feel you are more attracted to the same sex, you may choose to label yourself as (predominantly) gay/lesbian, but this really is a matter of choice for you. Nobody else can label you.

Silveroot and AmyMouse like this.
  7. AmyMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I am still trying to figure out whether that 1% attraction to men is simply residual from growing up in a situation that wasn't conducive to me embracing my sexuality (bisexuality or homosexuality.) That's my personal situation, though.

Silveroot likes this.
  8. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

Hi. I'm not sure how to describe this.

I've been having what I thought to be crushes on boys when little, later on I fell in love with a man, or so I thought. Throughout all that time, my fantasies where 98% about women. Eventually they became too strong to deny, so I identified as bisexual, even though I thought I was mostly straight. I don't know if the feelings I had for the opposite sex were the real deal or just attachment out of a desire to fit into heterosexual norms.

As time goes on my desire for a homosexual relationship grows, I really want to try and see if it feels right. Heterosexual relationship thoughts cross my mind occasionally, but I don't want to do something I'm not even sure I want in the first place. It's not fair to start dating a guy I think I might like, only to figure out I'm not much into him. At first I think 'hey I might like this guy, I can tell he's physically attractive, he's handsome'. Then when things get heated, I get confused and eventually decide to end it. This is what has happened in all cases of my dating in the heterosexual world so far. I don't know what to make of it.

For one thing, I'm certain about my same-sex attraction, even though I have zero experience. So I'm either lesbian or bisexual.

Thanks for your interesting questions!

AmyMouse likes this.