1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating as a trans guy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LittleMouse, Mar 2, 2018.

1. LittleMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is something that I’ve been thinking about for a while but just mostly pushed it aside as figured I had bigger gender stuff to deal with. It kind of hit home again though as been getting stuff booked to attend a wedding. I’m single and have been for a while and I don’t by any means feel I need a relationship to be happy - this isn’t about wishing I was in one.

The issue is I just can’t see myself getting into a relationship whilst going through transition? And that kind of saddens me a bit. I just don’t feel anyone will see me for who I actually am right now. I haven’t dated many people at all so I suppose I also have some anxiety about my general lack of dating experience never mind the trans stuff. It’s not something that constantly gets me down but when I think about it, it does.

This is more a vent than anything and I guess I just want some reassurance that it is possible to have a relationship part way through transition and be seen for the person you actually are? (especially early on -> pre T & top surgery).

2. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure there are people out there who can see you for the person you truly are inside, I personally know a trans* male who can't transition but is in a relationship with a sweet girl who sees him for who he is. I hope that might help, knowing there are people like you who can find someone, even if it's only a little.
    Sending you lots of good vibes!

LittleMouse likes this.
  3. anthracite

anthracite Guest

It depends on what you want.

Is it ok for you to try around a lot and willing to take the risk of dating a crazy bitch who will out you to anyone?

Are you able to have sex dysphoriawise or are you ok with a relationship without sex / no recieving?

If you say yes to both, that‘s totally possible.

If you say yes only to the latter you will need to take a while to build trust, which lessens the chance of getting in a relationship since you can‘t test as much partners.

4. LittleMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Right now I don’t really want to date around. I’m not very out and I just think it would be messy and likely not a particularly healthy relationship in my personal situation. I feel for me I would need to come out properly first. I’m not really looking for a relationship right now, I’m just looking forward and it just seems an impossible mountain to climb before I get to the point where I feel I’d be seen as a guy?

As for sex I think it’d be a person dependent thing. Some things are an absolute no but in the right situation with the right person I think it would definitely be possible. (Like I said I haven’t been in a relationship for a while and not whilst being more comfortable with gender).