1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mum wants to rechoose my middle name?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cody18, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Cody18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone.

Relatively short post, just looking for opinions. Last year (April) I changed my name to Cody, however for my mother my middle name was made to be Rebekah. This was for several reasons due to the sentimental value of the name.

My mother however now is wishing to be more supportive and has declared she wishes to choose a middle name for me (a masculine one). I’m fine with this, and somewhat excited she finally seems as if she is wanting to address things.

I do question however, would it seem weird to change my middle name again? Would it cause issues in terms of getting it changed on certain things i.e. drivers licence etc or would it be fine? (That part is U.K. specific obviously)

2. LittleMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Did you change your name by deed poll? As far as I’m aware you would just change it again by deed poll. I don’t think it would seem weird but think you would probably need to keep a paper trail of your old deed poll etc? Especially if you want to apply for a GRC anytime soon. I’m far from an expert though so worth a bit more research probably!

#2 LittleMouse, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Cody18 likes this.