1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back after a year absence.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by AmyMouse, Feb 25, 2018.

1. AmyMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This was my original introduction post:

"Hi there. Not too great with introductions. I'm a lesbian currently married to a man. I just recently came out to a good friend - and it feels like a great relief. Things also feel strange too. I also - mostly - came out to my husband. I think this forum will be a good place to work out some of the craziness going through my head."

I posted that one year ago - and I still haven't come close to working out the craziness in my head. There are days I try to push the idea that I am a lesbian out of my head. My husband is a wonderful, wonderful person. I denied being a lesbian for numerous years because it was not accepted when I grew up, my parents made it quite clear that I could never bring a woman home or be my authentic self. I began to wonder if I was really gay or if I simply was going through some sort of "phase." I know it is not a phase. Now, I am struggling with whether I am bisexual, homoflexible or a lesbian. I know that I find women attractive, I do not have the same feelings towards men. I have found sex with men (mostly) to be like a chore.

Again though, I have a very wonderful husband. I have talked to him about my sexuality. It has been a slow progress. Most days, I try not to think about it - but I do think about my sexuality daily. There are some nights when an anxiety just rises up in my chest and I feel like I need to tell everyone "I'm a lesbian." I know my family will not accept it. I know embracing that totally will completely change my life - and I also do not want to hurt my husband. He has done so much for me. Accepting this truth about myself has been a really difficult journey - and I am still on it. I am glad to be back here and I am hoping to put more effort in and find some people to talk to - and offer support to.

So, again, hi. I could really use some friends here.

I hope you're all well. :heartpulse:

2. Bakemono

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Harro, welcome back

3. MHJG

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome back. :slight_smile:
    Hope you will share more in the future.

4. BrianaBaby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello - I feel the anguish in your words. You have a wonderful man who loves you, but you aren't attracted in him the same way as you would a woman. My story is similar except I was a man who realized I loved woman, but as a woman. my ex didn't except what that meant and I'm now divorced and going through a MTF. It is difficult to explain how you feel to someone who you love that your feelings aren't what they think you are. I wish you well as you deal with this issue. Briana

5. AmyMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you all for the welcomes.

Thank you for the well wishes, Briana. I am sorry that your ex couldn't accept who you are - but I am glad you are on your journey to being who you really are. :slight_smile: If you ever want to talk, I'm around.

6. BrianaBaby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for reaching out. It feels good to have someone who wants to understand and not judge. While you are discovering who you are and are coming to terms with what you do with that, I appreciate your feelings. It's rare to find someone who will do anything for you and be trusting. Is there anything I can do for you? Any advice from a former male perspective? I'm not sure how many females are like me (born male but adoring the female body so much that I wanted to have boobs, lips, hips and legs like a woman so I saw and felt it full time).. I'm not sure how many lesbians would accept someone who is transitioning but I know I will feel the love for a woman as a woman so much more fully than I have in the past. .