1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seasonal Affective Disorder?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Skaros, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Now that winter's coming to a close (at least if you live up north), I'm curious to know how people have coped with their seasonal affective disorder (everyone's opinions are welcomed regardless if you have it or not). It really does affect many people differently, and I'm curious on what some of your stories are.

I've pretty much concluded that I have a pretty significant case of it, being that this is the third consecutive winter where I've been very abnormally anxious and/or depressed. I've also had my first ever hypomanic episode for the past few days, which I've read is common among people with SAD towards the end of winter. My boyfriend was nice enough to buy me a mood lamp for my birthday, which I think actually has helped quite a bit, since lack of sunlight is the main reason it affects so many people.

2. Fyrefox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Seasonal Affective Disorder is real, and I think occurs along a continuum scale. I have a touch of it, which usually for me is set up by Xmas, the letdown which follows, and the gray days, cold and snow, and restricted activity of the long winter which then ensues. Vitamin D can also help along with the mood lamp, and getting out as much as possible to give yourself a change of scenery and psychological boost.

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you can maybe go to a place that is hot. Like Spain or Italy (although I'm from the UK so it's only a 2hr flight from where I am)