1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Imsoweird, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Imsoweird

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It feels so weird to be back here after probably 4 years... Well a lot has happened since I was 15.
    I identify as non binary and I have a pretty small chest. I'm lucky enough to not experience too much body dysphoria but lately I've been starting to think about buying a real binder. So far I've been binding with a sports bra and two tank tops layered on top of each other, but my boyfriend let me try on his binder and it was such a nice and comforting feeling to be completely flat.
    The things is that I don't bind that often, how much has been changing a lot through the years but now I don't even do it every week. Some days I do get really dysphoric about my chest but most days I'm fine with just throwing on a T-shirt with nothing underneath.
    So I wonder if anyone would like to offer their opinion on in I should spend money on a binder I won't wear that often?

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say definitely have one handy. Buy a proper one, spend £30/$30/whatever currency and have it for those rare times you may want to wear it. It's less fuss than layering other compression clothing. If you go with GC2B/spectrum outfitters/flavnt they're made for trans people specifically and underworks is made for guys with gynaecomastia so they'd all be giving you better compression anyway. Personally the money would be worth it for me what with it being less hassle and the knowledge of it being there for the one time payment.

3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't bind that often either, I usually do what you do. I have a fairly small chest as it is anyways. But I agree with Aberrance, it is nice to have an actual binder that you can throw on when you need it. I personally prefer GC2B binders, I find they're a lot more comfortable to wear.

4. Imsoweird

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys, I'll probably be buying a gc2b binder in a few weeks, just needed that last bit of encouragement

5. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have bought a gc2b binder and it has been very useful. Even if you only need it once a week, as an example, having it on hand will make that day a lot better. At least that's been it for me. I wear my pretty much everyday though, but it has been really helpful for my dysphoria.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a pretty small chest and the gc2b binders work great for me. I used to bind with underworks ones, but they trapped heat and were made of of the scratchy material. So, I was happy to find a binder that binds well, does not itch and is breathable.