1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fellow lesbians and bi women, how to ask out a girl?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by WestMirror, Feb 24, 2018.

1. WestMirror

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually this is a multiple part question. I am a quiet girl and I have no idea how to talk to girls, let alone ask one out. I like calm environments and love talking once I get to know someone, but I think that my personality has put me in a disadvantage. What do you guys think of girls who are quiet? Should I change something in my personality in order to know other girls?

New2gquest likes this.
  2. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it depends on the situation personally. I am also a quiet person and for me sometimes it makes me seem mean for not talking. My friends tell me I have that resting bitch face sometimes, but once you get to know me it’s the opposite.

So are you into someone right now that you want to ask out? I like my coworker, so I was shy and she tried to talk to me and I would always get nervous. I felt bad because she stopped bothering me, but then I made her attempt to talk to her because I was interested. I just asked her for some help on something or I would ask if she needed help. We started talking more and I’m still working on finding out if she’s interested.

Sorry if I didn’t seem that helpful but I feel like I started in your position before too. Sometimes you just can’t be quiet anymore and just try something different. :slight_smile:

#2 Anon1201, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Jericho likes this.
  3. love doll

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No idea of asking for. Because I was always asked for by men. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

azzi likes this.
  4. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would try to strike up a conversation and see how it goes. Then I would ask her if she'd like to meet for a coffee or a drink, depending on what you feel comfortable with. Work in getting to know her and see where it leads. Don't try to change your personality. You are you. And quiet, shy girls are nice.

5. AmyMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Quiet girls are just fine by me. I think Peterpangirl's advice is spot on. When I asked out the first girl I dated - I went about it in a similar way. I also agree with the bit about staying true to yourself - that's very important. You need to keep being you - no matter how you decide to do it.

6. WestMirror

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All of your replies were very helpful. Thank you. I will try just talking to them first and go for it after. :slight_smile:

azzi and Rana like this.
  7. signmypapyrus

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this is also a huge problem. I know I look really straight and guys hit on me, which irks me to no end because they’re usually rude or gross and think any woman enjoys that.
    Following the thread for advice since I’m quiet IRL and also incredibly awkward.

Rana likes this.
  8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I definitely don't think you should change who you are but you can try and work on starting conversations with people. As you said once you know people you like to chat so there is no reason it should be an issue long term.
    As for asking them out, I'd say start by chatting and getting to know them and take it one step at a time.

Rana likes this.
  9. Rana

Rana Guest

I've never asked anyone out, ever. I always felt too shy or scared.
    That has all changed since coming out to myself. I think I could easily ask a girl out. The pressure has been lifted somehow, and I have a new amount of courage. What's the worst thing that could happen? She could just say no. That's totally okay.
    :slight_smile: