1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Queer Christians?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ulm, Feb 11, 2018.

1. ulm

ulm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just want to know if we exist on this site??
    And I would love to chat with some to see how they resolved the faith and orientation, i identity as bi/pan and it’s funny that when I say I’m bi people assume I’m slutty, little do they know I’m waiting till marriage, but to me gender does not matter. But it’s hard to find Christian men to date, cause of the orientation and queer ladies to date cause of the faith ... the struggle is real

2. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was raised Christian but kind of fell out of the religion but am trying to reconnect with it and have been having some issues with others not being understanding. I'm up for a chat, but not sure I have the answers yet either.

ulm likes this.
  3. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a bisexual Christian. Like Butterfly8 I'd love to chat but I'm still figuring things out so I'm not sure how much help I could be.

ulm likes this.
  4. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an openly gay Christian in a same sex marriage. You are welcome to click on my profile and send me a message if you wish.

ulm likes this.
  5. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Although I am closeted, I am trans and bi and (although I'm certainly not the most religious) I am a protestant Christian. I have never had any issues reconciling any of this, although the fact that my church is very progressive and open may have something to do with that. If you ever need to chat, I am usually around. I hope you find your path forward. :slight_smile:

6. smurf

There is a whole network of support just for gay christians so that is the good news! More and more churches are becoming LGBT friendly. The bad news/hard news is that for a lot of people it might entail switching denominations in order to find a great church for your needs. Ireland (I believe is mostly a catholic, which is a bit harder, but try to find a church that is more lenient. Some catholic priests will just either ignore the topic or just see the whole "hate the sin not the sinner" which while not ideal, its better than sitting through anti-gay sermons.

For example, there is a great methodist church in our city. They have 2 separate bible study groups for gay Christians, and they do an amazing job and making sure there is a community being built there.

There is also a documentary called " For the Bible Tells me so" I believe its still on netflix, if not check out youtube see if you can find it. I bought it myself way back because I was showing it to everyone I could. Really helped my family come to terms with it all. I myself I'm atheist, but it did help me through my journey as I tried to get my questions.

7. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a bisexual Christian. I personally believe that the bible passages on homosexuality are just mistranslations. That's how I reconciled being bisexual with being Christian.

8. Glitters

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! Pansexual Christian here. I'm glad there are others here. You're right, the struggle is real. We get bad stuff said to us from both sides. It almost feels like we don't belong anywhere. But the great thing is, there are many wonderful and accepting people out there. Good luck, buddy! <3

ulm likes this.
  9. BiGeek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a bisexual that stop believing in god long ago but I respect others faiths and beliefs No matter what religion you follow

ulm likes this.