1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still trying to make sense of things.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by nnoconex, Feb 19, 2018.

1. nnoconex

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As I have already posted, my mom discovered that I am gay after having read my journal. Since then, I have come out to one friend and my sibling. I must say it does feel sort of nice, but I also feel like I’ve been thrown into a body of thrashing water and can’t breathe. Everything is happening so quickly and is happening far off from my original plan. Ironically, the last entry my mother had read from my journal was about how I was planning on coming out to my closest friend (who to this day still doesn’t know), and ONLY to this closest friend because I wanted to, hopefully, work out my thoughts with them. But since this has happened, I’ve told two other people... and any time I think about telling this person I have terrible thoughts about what may or may not happen because they mean so much to me and I don’t want to ruin what we have. How could I have been so comfortable with the idea of telling my friend before, but now that my mom has read my journal, I am scared? Maybe it’s just the anxiety from being thrown into this process so suddenly? I do not know.

2. EnderGiven

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is your friend an understanding person? Like, would he/she support you? If you've known each other for more than a year, than I say, go for it. That's a pretty strong relationship, and it couldn't be broken by something like this. If you've known them less than that, then you should try to lead up to it, test the waters. Either way, I would just stick to the plan, but wait for thing to settle a little first. If you have any questions, I'm always free to talk